Ankle injury, homebound for a month.

Hello fellow loveshackers,

So i'm back. I found this site a few years a ago when I fractured my tibiae and was going out of my mind being stuck at home for a total of 6 months. So I healed fully from that past injury, however, back in March of this year I sprained my ankle exactly on the day that i decided to turn my life around, clean up my diet and become more diligent with my gym visits. I saw a podiatrist who put my on an air cast for two months. Due to the line of work that i'm in, I always have to walk around and be on my feet for extended periods.

So I continued to bare weight on my ankle continued going to the gym and never allowed it to fully heal. I was always in pain and found myself compensating weight on my other leg. Roughly two weeks ago I decided to go see an orthopedic surgeon who stated that I have a hyper extended later ligament on my left foot and that completely immobilizing it for 4 weeks and following up with pt right after should help it help.

I'm coming up on week two and my mind seems to be getting the best of me lol. I'm doing upper body workouts. I find myself on bodybuilding.com and my other favorite place imgur! I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and am very grateful to have supportive family members who are making this whole experience a bit more manageable. I emailed bodybuilding.com and requested information for one of their upcoming body transformation contests.

So for those of you who can relate to injuries, I feel for you too. I guess i'm trying to get back to basics and find things that help me get through those 6 months of hell when I injured myself a few months ago. thanks for reading this far and appreciate any advice or words of encouragement. I do know that I will come out of this, stronger, faster, wiser and will get back to the swing of things in no time!

• 1 month later...

ive had to have 2 ankle ligament reconstructions because i didnt take care of my ankle injuries correctly, my best advice would be to consult an ankle surgeon and commence physio, its important to note that an ankle ligament will only heal to about 80 of what it was before injury. without proper rehab to strengthen the joint it will become a reccurent problem, i would book in to see a surgeon as soon as i could if i was you