MidwestUSA

Who's had it? How much excess did you take in the beginning to jump start yourself? Yes, I know it's fat soluble and can build up over time.

What forms did you use? I've bought transdermal (just to give it a shot), oil with the K2 factor, and regular gel caps. As well as a Ca/Mg/D3 combo. I know I need to take it with fat for absorption, so am drinking whole milk when I don't have a appetite (which I usually don't :( ). I weigh 120, but still have high cholesterol. I'll work on that next; THAT I know how to do.

Fish, fish, fish, I know.

What were your symptoms, and how long did it take to feel better? I've been working ten hour night shifts, and sleeping 10-12 of the rest of my day away.

It's not a life.

amaysngrace

i get mine by soaking up the sun but why do you ask if you know all of this?

• Like 1

GF has it bad. She takes lots of D. Not sure the type or amounts. But really it is all about sunlight. Get as much as you can.

• Like 2

I always feel bad for people who work night shift :(

The supplement in liquid form is best I've heard. I spent 6 years living in places with very little sun, and the rest of my life in places with tons of sunshine, so I can tell right away when my D is low. Low energy and depressed are the main symptoms for me. Personally I feel like nothing works as well as a day in the sunshine- take a vacation!

• Like 2
RecentChange

Ditch the whole milk and eat salmon, herring, sardines, etc (all of which can be found canned ).

Seriously - the whole milk is adding cholesterol and has artificially added D. While salmom is packed with healthy fats and huge supplies of D.

• Like 2
  • Author
MidwestUSA
i get mine by soaking up the sun but why do you ask if you know all of this?

I want others' experiences on what worked, as well as what their symptoms and outcomes were.

I normally get enough sun, just not this year, yet. I'm having surgery on Wednesday, and sunning may be prohibited if it's really hot and humid.

• Author
MidwestUSA
Ditch the whole milk and eat salmon, herring, sardines, etc (all of which can be found canned ).

Seriously - the whole milk is adding cholesterol and has artificially added D. While salmom is packed with healthy fats and huge supplies of D.

The milk is for the fat, not the D, and temporary. I'm serious, I have NO appetite, and no energy. I have to sit down while the K Cup does its thing. I can't even stand long enough to wait for it.

Opening a can is daunting! Much less cooking.

If someone puts food in front of me that smells good, I might perk up to it. But lately, it's been easy grab junk.

I seriously thought I was dying of cancer.

amaysngrace
I want others' experiences on what worked, as well as what their symptoms and outcomes were.

I normally get enough sun, just not this year, yet. I'm having surgery on Wednesday, and sunning may be prohibited if it's really hot and humid.

I'm sorry. I hope it all goes well for you. xo

RecentChange

Well, if you want to get serious about not feeling like crap, you NEED to fuel your body.

We are what we eat, and supplements, pills etc just do not provide the same benefits of eating whole food.

The cans are pull tops ;)

Fill your cup board with easy to grab and snack on healthy things.

If you need fat, not cholesterol, get your hands on some peanut butter, avocados, nuts, and canned fish! Get the packed in oil variety.

I can just about guarantee that junk food and fish pills won't restore your health.

• Author
MidwestUSA
Well, if you want to get serious about not feeling like crap, you NEED to fuel your body.

We are what we eat, and supplements, pills etc just do not provide the same benefits of eating whole food.

The cans are pull tops ;)

Fill your cup board with easy to grab and snack on healthy things.

If you need fat, not cholesterol, get your hands on some peanut butter, avocados, nuts, and canned fish! Get the packed in oil variety.

I can just about guarantee that junk food and fish pills won't restore your health.

Thanks, I'll work on it after surgery. I've been down for more than three months, it won't all happen overnight. I'm aware of that.

If someone puts food in front of me that smells good, I might perk up to it. But lately, it's been easy grab junk.

Oh, how I wish I could come cook you meals!

• Like 4
Notoverhim

I have Vit B12 and Vitamin D3 deficiency. Did your dr do blood work on you and tell you which one it was? Google vit d3 deficiency it is basically the sun but I live where the sun shines all the time and I still have it. I'm supposed to take 2000mcg of B12 and 5,000 iu of the Vit D3 every day. Both pills are really small so it's no big deal. My main issue with why I have the deficiency is bc my immune system is shot. I always feel so fatigued exhausted and could literally sleep all day if I could. :) taking those 2 supplements help tremendously! They give me energy back and I feel like the d3 pills make my skin more glowy if that makes sense. It's hard for me to get in the habit of taking them every day but when I take them for at least a few days straight I can always tell a huge difference!

• Like 1
RecentChange
Thanks, I'll work on it after surgery. I've been down for more than three months, it won't all happen overnight. I'm aware of that.

You really owe it to yourself. If you sre having surgery, your body is going to need everything it can get to HEAL.

It's going to need full proteins (fish or meat hint hint), it's going to need easy to convert carbohydrates, but not refined sugars (which can really hinder healing).

Giving your body the nutrients it NEEDS before taxing it with the stress of surgery (rather than after) would be ideal.

What does your diet consist of now? Have you tried meal replacement shakes? Ensure etc?

• Like 1
RecentChange
Oh, how I wish I could come cook you meals!

:) Me too, I love feeding people. Op, I wish I could send you some meals!

• Like 2
Notoverhim

Just read more of your posts on here- I usually take these supplements bc they are small and I get what I'm deficient on and I don't always eat when I take them. I never get sick or anything. The d3 pills are small little oil type pills :) my dr gave me a b12 shot and it did nothing lol but I do think the OTC vitamin b12 and d3 pills work really good. Also my dr had said my cholesterol was barely almost out of the healthy range which freaks me out as I rarely eat as it is! So hopefully the supplements and trying to eat better will help. But the 2 vitamins do help with my mood and exhaustion :)

• Like 1
  • Author
MidwestUSA

What does your diet consist of now? Have you tried meal replacement shakes? Ensure etc?

Yes, I'm drinking them, over Cheerios. More beef and chicken than fish, tho. At least I'm not anemic. My good to bad cholesterol ratio is outrageously high, so they didn't scold me too much.

I blew an eardrum, it's 75% gone. The nonstop ringing, dizziness and pain are surely affecting my appetite, therefore energy. It's vicious, and going on three months.

I know what would help the appetite :) but can't have any!

All my other lab work is fine, so I need to get this done before spores creep into my brain. :eek:

I tend to chow down when on pain meds too, so that should help.

I always feel bad for people who work night shift :(

The supplement in liquid form is best I've heard. I spent 6 years living in places with very little sun, and the rest of my life in places with tons of sunshine, so I can tell right away when my D is low. Low energy and depressed are the main symptoms for me. Personally I feel like nothing works as well as a day in the sunshine- take a vacation!

Me too, low energy and depressed. But the opposite environment. It can get so hot here people avoid the sun and end up D deficient. I take 2000 iu for a week and then 1000 iu in the gel caps and it seems to do the trick. I agree not he whole foods too- huge difference.

• Like 1
  • Author
MidwestUSA
Just read more of your posts on here- I usually take these supplements bc they are small and I get what I'm deficient on and I don't always eat when I take them. I never get sick or anything. The d3 pills are small little oil type pills :) my dr gave me a b12 shot and it did nothing lol but I do think the OTC vitamin b12 and d3 pills work really good. Also my dr had said my cholesterol was barely almost out of the healthy range which freaks me out as I rarely eat as it is! So hopefully the supplements and trying to eat better will help. But the 2 vitamins do help with my mood and exhaustion :)

Thanks for your input. You know you really do need to eat when you take supplements tho, especially the fat solubles, like D and A. Yes, she did measure it.

I'm okay on my Bs, I take the megas. Never, ever on an empty stomach, yuck. :sick:

• Author
MidwestUSA
Sunlight is best.

Unless you live where I live, where we don't get any :(

We get plenty. I get to sleep thru it. :(

• Like 1

everyone person has low D levels. everyone. Lots of sun, the right foods and D3 pills. Unfortunately, a regular doctor does not now how much vitamin D you really need to get the full benefits and be at "that" range. They study medicine.

I go to a vitamin doctor. His ordinary blood test, is 17 vials. Regular GP, they take what, 2 or 3 vials? I get the rolls royce of blood tests. They know the levels you need to be at. They also give you vitamin D shots. Vitamin D shots stay in the body for a long time. Just like taking testosterone shots, its oil based and it stays at the site, and slowly goes into the blood stream. It will be hard for you to sit lol. It hurts afterwards.

I was taking a basic, yet powerful multivitamin, adding in my own seperate vitamins to where I and the doctor were happy like extra D, vitamin b12 shots, vitamin D shots, testosterone shots to fix the test levels, glutathione and vitamin C intravenously, No fruit, no carbs, no brown rice. Just water, any and every single vegetable you can think of, eggs, yogurt, steak, chicken, turkey, **** load of fish.

Your energy level will SKY ROCKET, the body will detoxify and heal it self, and the body fat will literally come off even with out going to the gym.

Point of the story is, go to a doctor that knows how much levels you really need and watch how your body responds. Its scary.

• Author
MidwestUSA

Your energy level will SKY ROCKET, the body will detoxify and heal it self, and the body fat will literally come off even with out going to the gym.

LOL! Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

It works!

I would add glutathione IV sessions with the D. glutathione enhances everything, powerful immune booster, detoxifies the body, helps with wrinkles and dark spots, and makes your skin appear more vibrant, it glows and makes it "whiter". Puts creams to shame. I had women and men comment on my skin thinking I was going to a spa every week. Its one side effect it gives you. amazing skin. who would have thunk!!

You really owe it to yourself. If you sre having surgery, your body is going to need everything it can get to HEAL.

It's going to need full proteins (fish or meat hint hint), it's going to need easy to convert carbohydrates, but not refined sugars (which can really hinder healing).

Giving your body the nutrients it NEEDS before taxing it with the stress of surgery (rather than after) would be ideal.

You could try canned or boxed chicken or beef broth, as well, with some gelatin added. Or buy a few blended soups, but those tend to be more expensive than the broth.

I've been taking vitamin D and B12 for my depression, and energy. I think it helps, when I remember to keep taking it (I've been feeling so gross and ungrateful, knowing that people have it worse, and yet I've been struggling to get up). So I'm back on both, and taking rhodiola as well. I ordered SAM-e, and it should be here tomorrow. I'd put it off because of the price, but I need it.

• Like 2

Can you take a short walk in the morning after work? Apparently 15 minutes of sunshine a day is enough for a light-skinned person to get all the Vit D you need with a decent diet (I recall reading a study about that recently, at least).

Can your H cook good meals for you, since you are understandably tired working such long hours?

• Like 1