Hey

I'm calling all pear shapes out there. Have any of you manage to successful lose some of your pear shape? When I say this I mean just a little bit of weight off of your problem areas. I have manage to successful lose weight but it seems like the more weight I lose the more disproportionate my body looks. I have a very small waist and I grateful that I haven't lose my boobs but I still have stubborn fat in my inner thighs, hips and butt (I don't mind the butt tho :p). Every where else is skinny tho. I feel like I look like a cartoon character. Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!

It depends on your overall body shape and what you feel comfortable with but usually for balance, weight training your smaller parts tends to work well. For example in your case: lots of upper body training. Wider shoulders balance out hips and make your waist look even smaller as it's all about proportions.

For me it was the other way round: I used to box and have big boobs so training my lower half (squats, deadlift) gave me a better look, bigger bum, etc.

• Like 2
WasOtherWoman

Truly, if you can afford it, lipo is the only real way to take care of this body type, assuming that you are at a healthy weight, exercise and eat sensibly. Nothing else is going to change that shape, unfortunately.

My BBF had this issue all her life. Was just not proportioned. Fitness buff, etc. but was always hugely self-conscious about her lower half.

Had lipo when she was 35, very happy and couldn't believe she didn't do it sooner.

Truly, if you can afford it, lipo is the only real way to take care of this body type, assuming that you are at a healthy weight, exercise and eat sensibly. Nothing else is going to change that shape, unfortunately.

My BBF had this issue all her life. Was just not proportioned. Fitness buff, etc. but was always hugely self-conscious about her lower half.

Had lipo when she was 35, very happy and couldn't believe she didn't do it sooner.

Is it only a matter of fat though?? If I had all the fat on my thighs removed (want to keep my shapely bum, thank you) the distance between my pelvic bones would be unchanged and I would still have hips (thank goodness). I don't know why the Amazon look (wide shoulders and chest, big boobs, wide waist, boyish hips) from the 80s refuses to die out. Why don't such women feel like getting a rib or two removed??

Whats wrong with accepting the shape your are? Different shapes exist for a reason and we all need to come to terms with the one we've got. IME every body shape looks great when it's well cared for, toned and in it's natural state. It's no-ones natural state to be flabby and cellulitey. If that is the issue then getting healthier, fitter is the way to go. I've seen a lot of fitness buffs who strangely don't know the first thing about fitness and therefore train their body the wrong way for it's shape.

I used to hate my shape and hid it for years. Until I realised that my shape looks best with a yoga body and a very low carb kind of diet. I also put fat on my hips and thighs but once I stopped eating highly processed carbs such as anything made from white rice, processed flours, hey presto I suddenly shrunk to half my size and look exactly as I wished to all those years ago.

It's not the body you've been born with that is the problem. It's the approach you're taking with it. Not all body shapes look great from weight training. Mine doesn't. It looks better with full body workouts like yoga and dance, rather than targeted workouts. Some women however look the ants pants with weight training.

As always it's a find what works specifically for you, rather than follow the herd mentality. Most women are far too obsessed with long cardio workouts and fail to actually tone and strengthen their body. This leads to the skinny fat look, where yes the size reduces but it's all loose skin and cellulite. I do hardly any cardio at all, just a single sprint up a mountain everyday. I had my cardio fitness tested and it was in the high range for my age group. But I have great muscle tone thanks to the focusing on yoga which is what made the different to my shape. Walking made the difference to my size.

• Like 2

liposuction gets rid of fat cells from certain areas while not from others, meaning when you put weight on again at some point, it will be distributed differently, sometimes unpredictably.

a balanced-looking physique is about proportion, it's not hard to achieve but a little patience is required.

generally when it comes to your skin and body, slow continuous change is better than a sudden one.

• Like 1

No the weight never goes from the thighs.

My friend is pear. Even when anorexic, her thighs were never tiny.

But relax! Pear shapes are THE most attractive body shape on a woman!

NOTHING is MORE feminine than having a TINY waist and hips!

I am a top heavy hour glass and would KILL for my friends figure! She has TINY arms, a TINY waist where as I have to actively buy dresses and skirts that flare ! Just to give me a curvy appearance!

• Author
No the weight never goes from the thighs.

My friend is pear. Even when anorexic, her thighs were never tiny.

But relax! Pear shapes are THE most attractive body shape on a woman!

This is what I am the most afraid of but thank you for your comment! It made me feel a little bit better

• Author
liposuction gets rid of fat cells from certain areas while not from others, meaning when you put weight on again at some point, it will be distributed differently, sometimes unpredictably.

a balanced-looking physique is about proportion, it's not hard to achieve but a little patience is required.

generally when it comes to your skin and body, slow continuous change is better than a sudden one.

Is it only a matter of fat though?? If I had all the fat on my thighs removed (want to keep my shapely bum, thank you) the distance between my pelvic bones would be unchanged and I would still have hips (thank goodness). I don't know why the Amazon look (wide shoulders and chest, big boobs, wide waist, boyish hips) from the 80s refuses to die out. Why don't such women feel like getting a rib or two removed??

yes unfortunately this would be the case for me as well. I would have a huge thigh gap without the fat..... Guess I just have to accept myself :(

• Author

...hmm... I meant natural ways to lose the weight

• Like 1
...hmm... I meant natural ways to lose the weight

Increasing the amount of muscle is the best way because it is what gives your body that firmness and shape under your body fat.

• Like 1

I lost weight off my thighs, bottom and waist. How? Sensible eating, general weight training and interval training.

The weight just comes off wherever it needs to

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have also faced similar situation after searching the treatments to get rid of loose skin I came up with a "masseur cellulite" which is a massager that helps in reducing cellulite and loose skin.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed url to commercial site