Help, I have an eating problem, I want to stop!

Im trying to lose 32 pounds I dont look bad and am following a healthy diet but for some reason i started splurging then making myself sick so I wouldnt gain weight, first I cant resist eating whatever the food Im not supposed to have is, then I eat it and love it, then I feel guilty and depressed and hate myslef for it then I feel so grossed out and make myself sick, I just want it out at that point. Then after its over, I feel guilty because of what I did then I promise myself I wont do it again, and then I do!!!! Im gonna try not to do it again, do you think I can just stop this on my own??

Originally posted by mamabear

do you think I can just stop this on my own??

no, u need medical intervention from pros who specialize in this.

I think it is healthier if you stop making yourself sick and instead gain the weight. With the getting sick part out of the equation, you can then concentrate on losing the weight the real way - by reducing the amount you eat and exercising....

Try purchasing a lot of fruits and vegetables so you don't end up chowing tons of junk food. You'll have less temptation to throw up healthy foods plus you can eat more of it without gaining weight. How long have you been splurging?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, let me tell you from working with people with eating disorders. If you make yourself sick time and time again, you burn out your esophagus and you eventually can get cancer from doing this.

What I suggest...if you really need a "different" type of approach. Go to a well know hypnotist...they can help you stay away from the bad foods you splurge on.

DON'T keep doing this to yourself. YOu'll pay for it in the end.

Originally posted by alphamale

no, u need medical intervention from pros who specialize in this.

For many people medical intervention is needed. You've got to talk to your family, someone about what's going on and get help from your doctor. If this has only been going on a short time, it'll be easier to stop, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get some outside help on this. Talk to someone.

It does indeed mess up your insides.

I dont know much about changing eating habits.

but how about this -

throw out unwanted food (food that you cant resist) in the trash. Therefore it won't tempt you since it isn't around.

buy healthy foods and leave snacks around the house, such as nutrition bars whenever you're on the go.