Yesterday I got up to walk and noticed I had a pain in my foot right on the inner side of the heel. It's a swelling kind of pain as if I stepped on something. The strang part is, I don't remember stepping on anything at all. Last night I took some aleve and some generic Tylenol, then drank a couple of beers as I watched TV. At night the pain got so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was just throbbing without walking or putting any pressure on it and I had no pain killers. I ended up filling the tub with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes which did help.

Anybody experience or have any idea what it is?

That sounds about right. I guess I did or took something which further inflated it

If thats what it is, a Podiatrist will be able to help.

• Like 1
Yesterday I got up to walk and noticed I had a pain in my foot right on the inner side of the heel. It's a swelling kind of pain as if I stepped on something. The strang part is, I don't remember stepping on anything at all. Last night I took some aleve and some generic Tylenol, then drank a couple of beers as I watched TV. At night the pain got so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was just throbbing without walking or putting any pressure on it and I had no pain killers. I ended up filling the tub with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes which did help.

Anybody experience or have any idea what it is?

Definitely plantar f. Put a bottled water in the freezer. Take it out when its frozen and roll it under your foot. Works wonders.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Definitely plantar f. Put a bottled water in the freezer. Take it out when its frozen and roll it under your foot. Works wonders.

Indeed true. There are also inserts you can buy for your shoes that dissipate the strike force of your foot contacting the ground. I like Powerstep full length ProTechs, you can get them on Amazon...

Mr. Lucky

I developed a similar pain and also thought PF but the doctor said it was Achilles tendonitis. I believe the treatment for both is very similar, as far as stretches, pain meds, etc.

• Like 1
I developed a similar pain and also thought PF but the doctor said it was Achilles tendonitis. I believe the treatment for both is very similar, as far as stretches, pain meds, etc.

I agree, it doesn't sound like it's all thru the arch like PF.

Jay, is it any better? Do you see any feline fang marks in your heel?

Foot doctor can xray and examine.

Likely Plantars - but heck could be a bone spur.

Ice, massage, cushy inserts or cushy shoes.. and time.