My mom's transplant is tomorrow

Hello all,

Tomorrow (later today) my mom is having her stem cell transplant in an attempt to treat her aggressive MDS. Her odds of a cure are 40%, nothing happens is another 40%. However, there is a 20% chance of the procedure to be fatal. I'm very scared for her, but try to stay positive. A lot of people have supported my mom and our family. However, some of my closer friends have not and I feel hurt and frustrated by this. Maybe they don't know what to say, I don't know. Anyway, I'm scared out of my mind. I visited her at the hospital tonight and it was heartbreaking to see her so weakened by the chemo and radiation in preparation for the transplant. It angers me so deeply that someone as kind and generous as my mom is dealing with this, while evil narcissistic people (like the most recent person I dated) goes on enjoying all the frivolous joys of life. I hope there really is karma and somehow balance is restored. My mom deserves many more years of life.

• Like 2

I'll keep you, your mom, and family in my prayers.

I can also cast a spell on the narcissists if you desire. ;)

Seriously tho, positive thoughts and hugs to you.

• Like 2

Hope all went smoothly!!

Her immune system will be wiped away, so keeping her infection free is a must. I'm sure her doctors will take care of that though.

I'm looking forward to read a post of you that the transplant was a success!

Hello all,

Tomorrow (later today) my mom is having her stem cell transplant in an attempt to treat her aggressive MDS. Her odds of a cure are 40%, nothing happens is another 40%. However, there is a 20% chance of the procedure to be fatal. I'm very scared for her, but try to stay positive. A lot of people have supported my mom and our family. However, some of my closer friends have not and I feel hurt and frustrated by this. Maybe they don't know what to say, I don't know. Anyway, I'm scared out of my mind. I visited her at the hospital tonight and it was heartbreaking to see her so weakened by the chemo and radiation in preparation for the transplant. It angers me so deeply that someone as kind and generous as my mom is dealing with this, while evil narcissistic people (like the most recent person I dated) goes on enjoying all the frivolous joys of life. I hope there really is karma and somehow balance is restored. My mom deserves many more years of life.

• Like 2

Just focus on your mum and the people who do care.

I will hold both of you in my thoughts.

Please let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

• Like 1

just now saw this, saying a little prayer that the procedure went well and that her healing is on target. Keep us posted, kiddo!

• Like 1

Yes, most people do not know how to react to serious illness so they do nothing at all. Please talk to someone if you need to release some anger. It is normal to feel helpless and overwhelmed during a trauma like this. Please let us know how things went...

Grumps