I want to go BRALESS!

Hi there:)

I have been wanting to see what the opinion of others is on this topic for some time, so I thought I'd finally post it in here! I hope I've put it in the right place.

I am slender and a 32B. I wouldn't say my bust is neccesarily proportionate to my hips, as although I am slender, I am curvy hips, too. So, I used to always wear a push-up/padded bra. Now that I'm older, I'm more concerned about being true to myself than putting off a fake image of what my body is like, based on societies views of sexiness.

The problem is, it's hard to find a 32B bra that isn't padded that actually looks good. So, I want to go braless! They are "perky" and all, so that isn't the problem. The problem is, I don't want to offend anyone with my chest/nipples if they are visible. Does anyone have views on going braless? Would you be offended? What do you think? Do you think most people find it offensive? Would you rather see a small chested woman in a padded bra, or going natural?

THanks for your input, and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say~!:)

Andrea

You may find your nips sore and irritated without some sort of covering. Try the Elita line. They have lots of cupless bras (they're light elastic - not the chestbinders that sports bras are) that will allow you to be perky but protect the tender bits from getting rubbed.

Originally posted by moimeme

Honey, if ya got perk goin' on, ain't no migrating happening :D:p

Just like balloons...eventually, they run out of air and deflate no matter how much they're blown up.

Seriously though, if you're not into padded bras any more consider camisoles or tank tops with shelf bras built in, that kind of thing. Or you WILL notice a droop start happening.

It's genetic, dear. Some people think stretch marks are 'inevitable' too. Not true. Some small'uns will 'deflate' and some bigger'uns won't but the smaller ones, I believe, are less likely to (barring breastfeeding). See, they're not full of air; they are full of fat. Well, mine are anyway :p

Put on 300 pounds and tell me if you get stretch marks or not :p

Of course Moi, if you run around braless and have done for some time and your nipples aren't pointing towards the floor than you may very well be blessed with good genes, or just really small boobs. My concern for the original poster is that she hasn't, and may experience some sag as a result.

Go for it.

If I was a B-cup, I wouldn't hesitate. I don't know many people that would be offended by a small chested braless woman.

I think the main thing is you being comfortable. If you feel good about it, people will be accepting.

• Author

Lol, so many wonderful and colorful responses!

Mine are small enough that I can't see any way shape or form that they would start to sag, besides age or breastfeeding. Bras don't keep your breasts from sagging, they are going to change based on genetics and time regardless of whether or not you are wearing a bra! It's nature, not nurture, that shapes them.

I'll check out that Elita line. Thanks for all of the other spirited discussion, can't wait ot hear more!:)

Andrea

Originally posted by Breastless

Hello,

I've got a question.

Once your breasts start to sag that's it no going back? You can't teach them to become perky again? Just wondering.

:lmao:

Sorry, that really struck me as funny!

:Merin imagines a class on teaching your hooters to be perky:

Originally posted by andreautick

Lol, so many wonderful and colorful responses!

Mine are small enough that I can't see any way shape or form that they would start to sag, besides age or breastfeeding. Bras don't keep your breasts from sagging, they are going to change based on genetics and time regardless of whether or not you are wearing a bra! It's nature, not nurture, that shapes them.

I'll check out that Elita line. Thanks for all of the other spirited discussion, can't wait ot hear more!:)

Andrea

Wrong....age and genetics will sag them in time, but bras can do a heck of a lot to delay that..............

But it's cool that you can go braless. What do you plan to do about headlights?

In case you are bothered by your nipples showing they sale some stickers at Victoria's Secret that you can put over them and they will not be noticeable. If I had smaller boobs I think I would go bra-less. Bras are such b*tches!!!! They can be annoying at times, specially when your guy is trying to take it off :p

• Author

Thanks all, for more feedback!

As far as the headlights? I might just grin and bear it :D

In my opinion I have nice nipples, and personally, I am not uncomfortable with them or with having headlights.

Thanks Podna, I like your taste.

Stickers though...bandaids would work too! Or if I was into the pain thing I could just use duct tape. Although, that'd be a bit much;)

Anyway....:)

Thanks all, for more feedback!

As far as the headlights? I might just grin and bear it :D

In my opinion I have nice nipples, and personally, I am not uncomfortable with them or with having headlights.

Thanks Podna, I like your taste.

Stickers though...bandaids would work too! Or if I was into the pain thing I could just use duct tape. Although, that'd be a bit much;)

Anyway....:)

if people are offended by nipples, they need to stay inside or only go out with a blindfold.

nipples are a very real phenomenon, and they are here to stay.

:D

• Author

Lol!

Yes, I guess nipples aren't really a passing fancy, are they?

Some people, like my mother, think they are distasteful and indecent...if showing through clothes. Like when I wear a sweater around her with no bra she definitely defines it as un-classy and points it out.

So, I guess that's a little of where my concern lies. I don't want to be trashy, and I dress well in nice clothes--and liked to be considered classy, respected, and well dressed. But I just don't want to wear a bra!! Ahh!!!:)

Lol!

Yes, I guess nipples aren't really a passing fancy, are they?

Some people, like my mother, think they are distasteful and indecent...if showing through clothes. Like when I wear a sweater around her with no bra she definitely defines it as un-classy and points it out.

So, I guess that's a little of where my concern lies. I don't want to be trashy, and I dress well in nice clothes--and liked to be considered classy, respected, and well dressed. But I just don't want to wear a bra!! Ahh!!!:)

if you wore a t-shirt with holes cut sop your nipples would stick out, that would be trashy. neato, but trashy still.

nipples are not trashy.

you're fine. be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

and have fun with it, i wish i could!

if guys stare at your nipples, stare at their *ahem*groin region and say "hey, at least my pink parts grow..."

• Author

Girldown, you crack me up! I think I like that t-shirt idea...maybe I'll start selling!

I like your comeback too, I think that I'll try being free for awhile:) I am today anyway, though in the shirt I'm wearing I doubt you can tell. But that's ok, the point isn't to make it known, but just to be comfy. *sigh* sweet freedom!:)

:D

I never wear bras. Or rarely. My Mom is the same way and after 6 pregnancies and 53 years on this planet her boobs are still mysteriously perky. So I've heard from so many people "Oh God, wear a bra, you're boobs will sag" but my Mom has perfectly perky boobs, so I don't get it.

When I wear a bra I feel like a midget is squeezing my ribcage and I have trouble taking a deep breath.

I agree with your mom. There is a time and place for everything . . . including being half dressed.

First impressions are important.

I go braless all the time. I don't care what people think about my nipples showing. If they don't like my twins they can file a complaint with Mrs. Wait.

Originally posted by Moose

I go braless all the time. I don't care what people think about my nipples showing. If they don't like my twins they can file a complaint with Mrs. Wait.

:laugh: I hate man titties. Ewww. :sick:

Original poster....my bosses wife (our business manager goes braless at times. It's f*ckin nasty (maybe not from a man's POV). And sooo unprofessional. All I'm saying is that if you do it, please wear an appropriate and THICK shirt.