Any ? not losing weight

So I've been on a major life overhaul. Eating better. Exercise. Strength training. I try to get at least 30 minutes of activity 3 times a week. After the death of my mother I ballooned to 380 pounds. I've gotten down to 310.

The problem, haven't been losing weight lately. Its been several weeks. But my pants are definitely looser. And I'm looking smaller. Especially in my belly and hips. Others are noticing too.

Any tips on how to get the weight loss going again? I've come so far. But have so much further to go

The scale isn't always the best indicator of weight loss. Stick with it. You are doing so well. When I get stuck on training goals, I amp up my exercise or change the variety. If I usually run, I might swim or bike for a bit. Different muscles need to be worked. Also, weight training needs to be changed up...plenty of workout sequences online if you don't feel like you can keep training days straight for different muscle groups.

Recently I helped my neighbor lose fifty lbs. because I taught him to concentrate on the lifestyle aspect rather than the diet and weight loss aspect. Our minds have more to do with it than our actions. If you think of fitness and nutrition as training your body to be its optimum rather than losing or deprivation, you will feel more inclined to stick to eating apples rather than Icecream or training rather than exercise...it changes your attitude. You feel empowered rather than obligatory.

There are many posters here who live a cleaner lifestyle. If you need online support, you can get it here. Don't give up. Plateaus are normal. You can change it with amping up exercise and making sure you are eating clean. When I'm training hard, I eat like a caveman...protein, low and good carbs and watching sugar and fiber intake. Stay away from processed foods as much as possible.

Good luck,

Grumps

• Like 1

Way to go Aprilisi! As others have said ... you're muscle weighs more ...also you may have plateaued a little ...are you ready to add 15 min onto the 30 three times a week? There's a thread on the this forum somewhere about a fitness challenge ... Fitnessfan has some good tips.

Keep up the good work!

make some more diet changes/substitutions.

drink more water.

change up your exercises.

add additional exercise time to your routine.

keep going... you're on the right track. clothing is a better indicator than the scale.

• Author

45 minutes? Might could do that. Thinking of starting a water aerobics class but the thought of being in a swimsuit around others terrifies me

45 minutes? Might could do that. Thinking of starting a water aerobics class but the thought of being in a swimsuit around others terrifies me

i took a swim class this summer, a guy was in there every week in a tank top and track pants every time. not sure anyone needs to wear a swimsuit these days!

Sorry to contradict everyone, but a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat.

People may be trying to clumsily say that you are replacing some fat with muscle. This is likely happening to some extent but let's not overestimate that effect.

If you're 310 and not losing weight, then it means you're eating too many calories. Start recording everything that goes into your mouth. Measure every food and drink that you consume so you know exactly how much you are taking in everyday.

• Like 1