pre period weight gain

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

I was shocked to see I had gained about five kilos in a matter of weeks due to my period. I'm on it at the moment. I was crazily hungry before hand and I am very stressed out but I am just super surprised how I can gain so much. How can I lose that five kg and resist another period bloat. I don't eat meat as a preference but should I cut sugar and salt for a while and continue drinking lots of water?

I highly doubt you gained 5kg of water just from your period. Maybe 1/2 of that is water and I'd guess the rest you put on as fat. The water weight isn't a big deal because that will come off on it's own when your hormones level back out.

Short answer: stop the binge eating!

• Like 2

What is your weight?

Unless you're very heavy, this is either:

1) severe water retention - I'd check with a doctor hormone levels

2) you gained weight for other reasons (overeating etc) on top of water retention.

I was shocked to see I had gained about five kilos in a matter of weeks due to my period. I'm on it at the moment. I was crazily hungry before hand and I am very stressed out but I am just super surprised how I can gain so much. How can I lose that five kg and resist another period bloat. I don't eat meat as a preference but should I cut sugar and salt for a while and continue drinking lots of water?
regine_phalange

I gained 2 kilos in one week this summer because the temperature was burning and I only wanted to drink soda and eat frozen yoghurt (I never eat so much sugar and the results were apparent). When I'm PMSing I usually put on a kg or so.

Yesterday I filled a cart with fresh veggies and fruit. I eat the veggies in stir frys with chicken or feta cheese. And I also eat boiled greens with olive oil and lemon and salmon. Or legumes. Or vegetables in the oven with mushrooms and mustard. I have fruit with yoghurt or with milk and oats. And almonds with raisins for something sweet. I've been doing this for 10 days along with exercise and lost 1 kg.

Edited by regine_phalange