How do you lose weight when you are on antidepressants. I am on zoloft and I've been trying to shed some pounds. I did situps and pushups but to no avail. I figure there is something I can do. When I started zoloft I was around 190 then I lost about 25 lbs. I was real weak my legs would shake when I walked down steps. But now I've blown up to 210. My weight used to fluctuate a couple pounds day to day now I have no metabolism.

i was on zoloft, prozac, and paxil and did not notice any weight changes with any.

if you are on zoloft for depression, maybe you should up your dose....as you could you be self medicating with food now?

the way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume.

I would try swimming, some sort of strength training to build your muscle up, which will burn more calories.

the weight loss and gain has nothing to do with Zoloft. SSRIs do not affect your weight. It is the underlying depression and subsequent recovery that is causing your weight fluctuations. Loss of appetite is major symptom of clinical depression and once you start to recover you tend to "pig out" cause your body had been living on 300 calories/day for a few months.

eat a bit less and start to exercise 3x per week.