Eating and Allergies?

sunshinesunshine

My boyfriend has gluten allergies so it's hard for him to eat a lot of things unless they are gluten free. He does eat but he looks thin he says he weighs about 120-130lbs but to me he just looks thin sometimes in the face or body.

I am a worried about him, I don't want him to get sick or anything. It's hard for us to go out and eat at places because a lot of them do not serve gluten free items. Only he has this problem, I don't have any allergies and can eat anything.

So what to do?

ascendotum

Just try to have gluten free alternatives that he can eat whenever he is over at your place. If you are gluten intolerant + other food allergies it can be a pain for the other partner and add some stress to a relationship. Eating out on the fly is often not straight forward, ans so you have to be prepared to go out of your way sometimes to get something appropriate or sacrifice a meal that you really wanted so he can get something.

You should not be responsible for overseeing his diet and making sure he eats enough of the right things. That's up to him...I'm assuming you don't live together. If he is eating enough substitute grains like rice, quinoa, corn then he should not be going short on calories. He might other intolerances than just gluten.