Iam 164 pounds how can lose 10 pounds?

I use to be 180 pounds just about 4 weeks ago..and now iam 164...i just cut down on the take out stuff and walk more and run more.

But how can i lose 10 pounds?

• Author

Iam 5'7

164 pounds

i want to lost 10 pounds.

I use to be 150 back when i was 17..now iam 25

Cut down on your calorie intake, and exercise. You need to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight. You can do simple things to reduce the amount of calories you consume. If you eat salads, use fat free dressing. If you eat sandwiches, cut out the mayo and cheese. If you drink soda, switch to diet. Little changes like that can save you a lot of calories.

To burn calories, just make a couple changes in your routines. Instead of using the elevator, take the stairs. Park your car farther from your work, do more chores around the house. You burn calories when doing anything, even washing dishes.

well i walk alot and ride my bike.

I have cut down on alots of food i love.

today i ate 2 tacos like around 9am..but i feel like eating nuts or sunflower seeds..is that bad?

caz_cheer_jenn

Actually, things like nuts and sunflower seeds are considered "good" fats. My nutritionist said that if I am feeling particularly run down in the afternoon and need a more substantial snack, I should have a handful of cashews or peanuts. Preferably unsalted or only lightly salted. The key is to NOT overindulge. A handful is ok...a whole can is not. :)

Originally posted by knight56

Iam 5'7

164 pounds

i want to lost 10 pounds.

I use to be 150 back when i was 17..now iam 25

I actually weigh the same thing and also the same height. If I were you, do these things:

1. no soda or fruit drinks. Soda's just bad (diet or regular) and fruit drinks are loaded with sugar. Drink water or at least Crystal Lite. CL is only about 5 cals per cup and water is always a safe bet.

2. lower your calorie intake. I'm actually doing that right now. Eat between 1100-1400 cals a day. Also eat more fruits and veggies. Always a safe bet.

3. Do the Atkins or South Beach diet. Yeah try to not eat refined wheat/sugar for a couple of weeks and the pounds are gone. I've done SB for a few months and lost about 50 lbs doing that. However, I became chronically fatige from that so I had to bring the carbs back to get my energy.

4. Work out a lot. Since it's really 10 pounds, just focus on where you want to fix. Love handles? Arms? Thighs? Lower abs? Tone that area but take it easy though. Oh and do some cardio. I work out more than 90 minutes a day every day and most of the weight I put on is muscle weight. Hey even walking around is consider exersise. :)

I hope everything works out but I bet you look great as you are. I'm proud of my hourglass figure (though it's not 36-24-36 LOL) and wouldn't want to get more skinnier than I am now. Let us know and good luck!

• Author

I have made a point in my life where i want to try to take care of my body.

I dont want to be chubby or big....not that there is nothing wrong with that...but iam 164 pounds..i think..lol..i dont know how many pounds iam because it read diff pounds..in diff..scales????

But iam not chubby..or..thin...just right..around 162-164..

But all i do is walk alot..and ride my bike alot ( which i love that because my legs are strong and sexy lol...but i want to get my butt in shape..its not to bad right now..but i would like it a bit round..how do you do that??

• Author

I have started to work out my arms and my tummy too..but how can i make my chest bigger and more strong?

Well knight56, I'm pleased that penile length is not your only question.

And because you used the word "tummy" to describe your abs, I'm guessing that you are female: However, your desire to make your chest larger sounds more like a guy. Finally, because of your weight, and desire to lose some, I'm gonna conclude that you are female.

You're right, that 5'7" and 164 isn't thin, for a female.

The rounded butt is the holy grail of so many. Sorry to say, but it is almost all genetically programmed. Sure, there's many equipment manufacturers (Buttblasters) that will argue they can have some effect, but they are wrong.

The problem with losing weight quickly is that the first 5-10 lbs will simply be water. Frankly I think your goal should be much more 25-35 lbs. See a Dr. for approval.

I mean that your body's metabolism will react, when you try to starve it, first by shedding water. This is why fasting to lose a few pounds is not long term weightloss.

Anyway, as a 25 yr old male, I'd say you're height and weight are proportional, and you're excersing: keep up the good work, but please, we do not have a "tummy" after age 10.

The first few pounds people lose are usually water weight, which means you haven't lost fat yet. I don't know any exercises for a guy to do to work his stomach, arms, chest, butt, etc. but I searched and I found:

http://www335.pair.com/grpulse/bt/exstex.html

which looks really helpful. If it's not what you're looking for, just search Yahoo or something till you find what you want. If you're trying to build muscle, don't worry too much about what the scales say. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the scales may say you're not losing anything when actually you are dropping inches and firming up.

• Author

:) Great site..thank you..

:) i can still use the word tummy if i want too...your as young as you feel...if you feel old then your old..right???

anyways

here i go one more time.

Iam a male 25

5'7 162-164 pounds.. i dont really want to be to muscle type guy..but just to tone them up..

All i do is walk alot and far too...i walk for 1hour and 45 mins walks everyday..and i ride bikes and jump rope...and eat smalls meals a day.

I'm beginning to think he's looking for a site that will increase penile length beyond 7" :p