What do you think of Corsets?

Girls: have any of you tried them? Guys: what do you think of them?

I'm really interested in getting a waist training corset to decrease my waist-hip ratio (I want to reduce my waist by 2-3 inches, not a lot). And because I love the feeling when clothes/belts hug my waist.

What are you thoughts?

Hard to describe but Kim Kardashian is a pretty good example.

kim-kardashian-corset

HOWEVER I don't find Kim attractive. Don't get me wrong she has a really nice body (although her boobs are a little too big) but her personality is a turnoff.

• Like 1

If you have fat arms and a fat waist, you'd be better off dieting. Although weren't you the one who had all her fat sucked out and was worried her skin was sagging? Now I'm confused.

• Like 1
january2011

Have worn them on occasion. Very snug but can feel suffocating after a few hours.

I'd be very concerned about the health implications of using them on a long-term basis as an alternative to healthy-eating and regular exercise.

• Like 1
  • Author
If you have fat arms and a fat waist, you'd be better off dieting. Although weren't you the one who had all her fat sucked out and was worried her skin was sagging? Now I'm confused.

Yes, I used to have a sweetheart hourglass shape much like this:

when not working out:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Uneeked/2xist.jpg

when working out:

http://weightlossandtraining.com/30days/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/workout-plan-for-women-day29.jpg

Then the love handles were melted off and I have more of an athletic body now - straight up and down. They also used the radio frequency machine on my face, which is what I was referring to regarding sagging skin.

I don't have a fat stomach - a slight bump on my abs but all that needs to be done is shape my waist so it doesn't look so much like this, which is how my body proportions ended up (with slightly bigger arms):

http://www.ladyzona.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/workout.jpg

and when working out this:

http://curvaliciousreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/female-workout-pla.-2-182x300.jpg

Big difference, right? Amazing what love handles can do. So I'm wondering if a corset can help? Or if not, a simple fat transfer back to the love handles.

Girls: have any of you tried them? Guys: what do you think of them?

I'm really interested in getting a waist training corset to decrease my waist-hip ratio (I want to reduce my waist by 2-3 inches, not a lot). And because I love the feeling when clothes/belts hug my waist.

What are you thoughts?

I own three an LOVE THEM. I had mine specially made by Dark Garden in San Francisco (they make a specific pattern of your shape to assure the perfect fit).

You can look at my profile picture and see that I naturally have an hour-glass figure (40x30x40) and with the corset, I can get my 30" waist down to 24" with a lot of consistent training.

But I am a fetishist and I adore the feeling of constriction. Reducing one's waist in this fashion is not long-lasting; as soon as you take the corset off, you are back to your normal size.

If you are interested, I would recommend against buying off the rack. Similar to a bra, it is a very close-fitting and intimate piece of clothing that will only fit best if custom made.

If you are trying to hide something or it's the same thing as me sticking a sock in my pants.

But if your body is already nice, then a corset can be sexy.

• Author
I own three an LOVE THEM. I had mine specially made by Dark Garden in San Francisco (they make a specific pattern of your shape to assure the perfect fit).

If you are interested, I would recommend against buying off the rack. Similar to a bra, it is a very close-fitting and intimate piece of clothing that will only fit best if custom made.

Cool, thanks! Yes, there is a period corset shop where I live, so I'm going to check that out. Costs around $300 but it's worth the investment.

I've heard that with something like tightlacing, that one can permanently reduce their waist size over a few years. I know that vasodilation can cause fat to redistribute (from what I've read) so I'm wondering if that would be the same if I wore a corset for many years even if I didn't tightlace (don't think I'd want to do the whole 24 hr thing).

I'd love to shrink down to something like this, but I think it'd take years:

http://www.corsetiere.net/Spirella/Corsetiere/SL_millionairess_7.jpg

• Author
Hard to describe but Kim Kardashian is a pretty good example.

kim-kardashian-corset

HOWEVER I don't find Kim attractive. Don't get me wrong she has a really nice body (although her boobs are a little too big) but her personality is a turnoff.

Yes, she does have a perfect body for a corset. Such a perfect body she doesn't need one! But alas... I wouldn't be doing this whole thing if I had a body like hers.

Yes, she does have a perfect body for a corset. Such a perfect body she doesn't need one! But alas... I wouldn't be doing this whole thing if I had a body like hers.

So am I reading right that you are not happy with the low body fat % of your body?

Point blank: No.

There is a huge difference between wearing a corset temporarily for aesthetic purposes and wearing one for genuine waist training. The former can emphasize your figure and provide a pleasing silhouette for not much ill effect except discomfort and the inability to do anything strenuous in them, if fitted well. The latter, that you are considering, involves long-term, near-continuous wear, shifts your internal organs and structure out of place to make room for the extra inches, and basically wreaks havoc on your body in an unnatural way. I don't know many decent men who would want a woman they love to do that to themselves.

• Like 1
Cool, thanks! Yes, there is a period corset shop where I live, so I'm going to check that out. Costs around $300 but it's worth the investment.

That is cheap; mine were in the $500 to $900 range...

I've heard that with something like tightlacing, that one can permanently reduce their waist size over a few years. I know that vasodilation can cause fat to redistribute (from what I've read) so I'm wondering if that would be the same if I wore a corset for many years even if I didn't tightlace (don't think I'd want to do the whole 24 hr thing).

Well, yes and no... You will want to look at Cathie Jung who has been tight-lacing for YEARS. And what Elswyth says, it MOVES YOUR ORGANS AROUND - that is how your waist size is reduced. And you DO have to wear it 24/7 to permanently reduce that way.

It is seriously not a healthy way to change your shape. Your link to Sophia Loren is a perfect example; she is naturally shaped that way (as am I). The corset only accentuates what you already have but should not be used to permanently alter your body.

BTW, here is an older picture of me in a corset... I've lost a little weight have have fewer bumps in my hips now.

Linkety.

BTW, here is an older picture of me in a corset... I've lost a little weight have have fewer bumps in my hips now.

Linkety.

Owww snap, did that hurt? :eek:

I've toyed around a lot with the fantasy of corsets for bondage-y purposes, too, as temporary wear. The major hurdle in that would be the cost - costs waaaaay too much to get a decent one. Seriously, we could get a Magic Wand and probably a sex swing or two for that price. :lmao: But I'd not thought it possible to do what you did on a temporary basis. If I did get one, I'd probably stop where the celebrities usually do.

Owww snap, did that hurt? :eek:

Not even a little bit! I love the feeling, actually...

That picture was taken at a convention where I met the designer and tried on one that was very close to fitting me. It was that model that I had custom made and was the most expensive (it goes up all the way up my back to my neck).

The designer is the same woman who made Dita von Teese's corset for the Playboy cover.

I initially bought one off the rack, but it doesn't fit my ample bosom at all, but is okay for occasional wear...

I think old-fashioned corset training sounds painful and unnecessary, like foot binding and so forth, but if you're into it, that's your prerogative, as long as you go in knowing the health risks. Hey, less health risks than smoking, and it's your body. *shrug*

I think a corset for occasional wear is fun and can be sexy.

• Author
So am I reading right that you are not happy with the low body fat % of your body?

You are right; I loved and embraced my hips... I am ethnically southern Italian, so the beauty of curves is much loved as it resembles fertility, etc.

Elswyth - I've heard mixed things about the safety, yes internal organs move since they are floating in our body but I'd have to read studies... If you have any links, let me know. Good points, though.

CarrieT - yes, I used to have a curvy body much like yours... And anything tightly wrapped around my waist looked awesome... It's nice that you love your body, you look great!

You are right; I loved and embraced my hips... I am ethnically southern Italian, so the beauty of curves is much loved as it resembles fertility, etc.

Yes I try to maintain feminine body fat too, it's not easy! I think you might just have to put some weight on

• Author
Yes I try to maintain feminine body fat too, it's not easy! I think you might just have to put some weight on

Alas that doesn't work... The shape of my body has changed - meaning my fat distribution. Liposuction is used as a shape changer, not a weight loser, so this changed my shape completely. When I gain weight it usually goes to my upper arms, thighs, stomach, and back. No more hips.... :(

Guys: what do you think of them?

I like the way they accentuate a woman's shape.

My exW didn't get into any hardcore corset stuff but would often wear an open-bottom corselette with garters. This minimized her waist and accentuated her breasts and buttocks. As she was a natural pear shape, it was flattering IMO.

Alas that doesn't work... The shape of my body has changed - meaning my fat distribution. Liposuction is used as a shape changer, not a weight loser, so this changed my shape completely. When I gain weight it usually goes to my upper arms, thighs, stomach, and back. No more hips.... :(

Well you can't save on hard work, I had assumed you got your shape through weight training. It's what you need to do. Putting pure fat on is not attractive, no

I say go to a store and try one on... if it makes you feel sexy then go for it.

I have them but solely for sexual purposes and I love it.

Corsets are incredibly hot, or any skimpy/skin showing wear. Actually I like that more than complete nakedness....

...I may be crazy.