Losing weight but Pants are to small for me now? What gives?

So I've started to work out for about a month now and have lost 20 pounds. I do cardio everyday and today I realized the pants that once fit me before the weight lost. Don't! Shouldn't I be able to fit in better in them? I usually wear size 34 but they didn't fit me nor a size 36 pants. They fit my dad who has a bigger tummy then me and weighs more.

I have no idea what's going on. Trying out those pants have killed my self esteem. I don't even know why I work out anymore. :(

Someone please explain what's happening. My body is more tone then before. I just don't understand why those pants don't fit me.

I weighed 210 now I'm at 187.

As you get fitter and stronger, your body shape changes. You lose fat from area only for muscles to develop somewhere else. You will find that a lot of your clothes will fit you differently

So I've started to work out for about a month now and have lost 20 pounds. I do cardio everyday and today I realized the pants that once fit me before the weight lost. Don't! Shouldn't I be able to fit in better in them? I usually wear size 34 but they didn't fit me nor a size 36 pants. They fit my dad who has a bigger tummy then me and weighs more.

I have no idea what's going on. Trying out those pants have killed my self esteem. I don't even know why I work out anymore. :(

Someone please explain what's happening. My body is more tone then before. I just don't understand why those pants don't fit me.

I weighed 210 now I'm at 187.

Twenty pounds is a lot, congratulations! I don't know what the deal is with those pants. All I can suggest is try on other pants you have that were too small for you before, and see if they fit. Or, go to the store and try on some different sized jeans, to see what size fits you now. You don't have to buy them! ;)

I don't know your body type, height, how much you exercise.....but I doubt that you put on that much muscle in a month. Actually, if you lost weight that fast, you probably lost some muscle.

RiverRunning

You probably took some muscle out along with the fat. But it's still strange - you SHOULD be able to fit in those clothes after that much of a loss. Maybe you're just bloated or something?