Anti-Depressants And Common Medicines

Forever Learning

I just started taking the anti-depressant Celexa (and I LOVE it!).

But, can anyone tell me what over the counter medicine I can take with this anti-depressant, for when I get a headache (or other body ache)?

And, what cold medicine I can take with it?

I guess I just wanted to hear from other's experiences, did it bother you when your took Ibuprofen with your SSRI type anti-depressant? I have taken some Ibuprofen, without a problem.

And, did you take a cold medicine and not have a problem?

I really want to find a cold medicine I can take, since I have a bit of a chest cold right now.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Forever Learning
Ross MwcFan

You're probably best off asking your doc. But I've taken headache pills while on anti depressants and I've been okay. I've also taken medicine for my throat and I was okay too.

Congrats on your anti depressants working. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Forever Learning
You're probably best off asking your doc. But I've taken headache pills while on anti depressants and I've been okay. I've also taken medicine for my throat and I was okay too.

Congrats on your anti depressants working. :)

Thanks Ross! I did end up calling a 24 hour pharmacy last night and talking to the pharmacist.

He said I need to ask my doctor, because some doctors will say they don't want people taking Celexa to take a decongestant. I will write more as I learn more in case anyone else is interested. ;)