Effective exercise routine?

Hi everyone, I'm 16, have a slender build, and started exercising around January, and I was wondering if the way I'm exercising is appropriate and effective. Here's what I do:

Sunday, Thursday: Toning exercises, dance; brisk 30-45 minute walk or a 20-30 minute jog.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Strength training (entire body); brisk 30-45 minute walk.

Tuesday, Saturday: Abs and lower back exercises/stretches; 20-30 minute jog.

I change the exercises around when they no longer make my muscles burn, and every now and then I'll do something else for cardio (like a sport). Also, the only exercises that make me "break a sweat" (I don't sweat easily) are the ones I do for strength training; the others are only moderately intense.

I HAVE seen results (less fat, more tone, lower RHR, less stress!), but I'd like to get other people's opinions, too. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
LikkleMissConfused

Hello,

Honey in my opinion you are too young to be exercising so much. That is why they only allow 18 years + to join gyms but you have to remember your body is still growing hence the aching muscle. Jogging, running, cycling, doing sports such as netball, football swimming all that is good bu tyou shouldn't be doing weights or even a solid training routine.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm 25, when i was 22 I wqas a size 14 and i'm very petite and only 5 foot tall. So I basically looked like a round balloon with tyres. SInce i started working and researching my own training schedule I am now a size 6, just recently toned up more from a size 8.

Now I do CV, sports like netball, swim, run but i focus heavily on weights as i have lost the weight now i wish to define my muscles.

Yes change you training programme so your body doesn't get used to it and beaware of what you are eating but honey I work out Mon-Friday, approx 2 hours. You don't need and you should be doing as much as you do as you are still developing. But don't get me wrong its good to exercise.

Take care and happy jogging.