Your exercise routines?

burning 4 revenge

So I was surprised to see that a couple of he regulars are avid runners, though I shouldnt be surprised since I dont really know them IRL

I myself am trying to get myself motivated to get back into incline training. Thats simply walking briskly on a treadmill at a steep incline setting for a set amount of time or miles. I tried it last year instead of jogging and found it was much easier onthejoints and worked the calves a litte better

Anyone want to discuss their exercie regimine for the fun of it

I give you two weeks on your regimen! :laugh:

No exercise for me. I want to get curvy and round like those Cuban girls so I sit on my ass as much as I can. So far so good!

• Author
burning 4 revenge
I give you two weeks on your regimen! :laugh:

No exercise for me. I want to get curvy and round like those Cuban girls so I sit on my ass as much as I can. So far so good!

Im going to be disciplined like Johan

Im going to be disciplined like Johan

Please. No one is THAT disciplined. He's like a robot. It's not natural or normal.

Trialbyfire

I do a combination of yoga/pilates 5 - 7 days a week between 20 - 40 minutes, then 140 stairs, up and down, don't know if that would double the amount of stairs to 280, every second day.

In the non-winter, add in walking, swimming and hiking.

Beautiful Inside

i do the incline to the highest which is 15 and i usually do it everyday for 20 min for incline then i run for a while either before or after to get my heart going more and so i burn some type of fat from my fat legs lol....ummm for me weight training daily is the bomb! i really notice the most difference on my body it tightens and you can start to see your arms get ripped not too much but a little muscle definition never hurt no one lol also you got to change your diet for sure to see any change in your body along with the workout....i hate diets ahhhh im craving IHOP STUFFED FRENCH TOAST mmmm im such a fatty lol but instead i will have a protein shake and off to the gym :( but any ways about the incline its really good exercise and a lot easier on your joints you are right about that. but the best in my opinion is weight training /toning your body i get better results then cardio from using weights....

• Author
burning 4 revenge
i do the incline to the highest which is 15 and i usually do it everyday for 20 min for incline then i run for a while either before or after to get my heart going more and so i burn some type of fat from my fat legs lol....ummm for me weight training daily is the bomb! i really notice the most difference on my body it tightens and you can start to see your arms get ripped not too much but a little muscle definition never hurt no one lol also you got to change your diet for sure to see any change in your body along with the workout....i hate diets ahhhh im craving IHOP STUFFED FRENCH TOAST mmmm im such a fatty lol but instead i will have a protein shake and off to the gym :( but any ways about the incline its really good exercise and a lot easier on your joints you are right about that. but the best in my opinion is weight training /toning your body i get better results then cardio from using weights....

Wow youre my hero for today

I was doing 3 miles at a pretty steep incline for at least two of them last year, but nowhere near 15. I think it as like 8.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
I do a combination of yoga/pilates 5 - 7 days a week between 20 - 40 minutes, then 140 stairs, up and down, don't know if that would double the amount of stairs to 280, every second day.

In the non-winter, add in walking, swimming and hiking.

when you say you do 140 stairs, you mean you take the stairs in your building instead of the elevator?

Trialbyfire
when you say you do 140 stairs, you mean you take the stairs in your building instead of the elevator?

No. I run up and down 14 flights of 10 stairs, every second day.

I wouldn't do this in street clothing because it's a form of cardio and you also need to wear a decent pair of running shoes (normally wear heels of some form).

• Author
burning 4 revenge

I wouldn't do this in street clothing because it's a form of cardio and you also need to wear a decent pair of running shoes (normally wear heels of some form).

that sounds pretty hard TBF

you could have a stroke or a heart attack

Trialbyfire
that sounds pretty hard TBF

you could have a stroke or a heart attack

Haha...no, not even close. I started off with 100, with 200 on really energetic days but found 200 to be too many and after awhile 100, not being enough. I tried different combinations and finally settled on 140, for maintenance, since I'm not interested in being buff, just toned and healthy.

If you consider how much time I spend working and don't do cardio, this was a great way to get rid of pent up stress and energy.

I do yoga class on Saturdays and a few other times a week at home....play tennis at least a couple times a week, spin classes a couple times a week, generally lift weights 3 or 4 times a week and now that it's nicer out, I'll start playing golf too.

I like doing a variety of things, it's more fun and keeps me from being bored.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer back in February and I've been regularly using it. Now in the best shape of my life :)

• Author
burning 4 revenge

I was too tired to go today

I missed three times this week and I just started two weeks ago :(

I generally do three days of cardio and three days of strength training a week.

On cardio days, I do three to five miles outside or on the treadmill, depending on how much time I have. I walk for five minutes, easy jog for 30 to 50 minutes, cool down for 5 minutes).

On strength training days, I do a DVD, usually Cathe Friedrich's strength training routines--Pyramid upper/lower body, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, or Supersets--using dumbbells.

Can't say I love doing it, but I feel so good when it's done (and so bad when I don't exercise), that's usually motivation enough. Over the years, I've stopped viewing exercise as optional. It's like brushing my teeth--I wouldn't go a day without brushing my teeth, so whenever I don't want to exercise, I just remind myself of that.

MindoverMatter

I've taken up real running again after star gazer's marathon thread. There is a half marathon next month that I want to try, so I've been running every other day for an hour. Come next week I'll start to pay attention to distance and speed, but for now it's just a relaxing run, really.

Besides this I've taken up diving lessons, which are very exhausting, since apparently I now need muscles I didn't even know existed. :confused:

Well, I do 40 push ups and 6 kinds of sit ups twice a week. For my Cardio, I play basketball three times a week. Weekends are my rest days.

I run 4 to 10 miles whenever I feel like it. 3 to 4 times a week. Usually on trails. I'll be doing a lot more mountain biking this year. I'm wishing a case of tendonitis would clear up so I could lift weights.

Ruby Slippers

After getting a few adjustments from my chiropractor (old back injury was acting up), I am ramping back up to my normal workout regimen, which breaks down to something like:

• 30-120 minutes of high-intensity cardio (swimming, elliptical, biking, or tennis), 3-7 times a week
  • 30-60 minutes of free weight, machine, and body weight strength training, 3-5 times a week
  • brisk walking all over the city, anywhere from 1 to 5 miles a day
  • yoga 1-3 times a week

Just had a killer cardio/strength workout today, and I am feeling good.

I run at least 10 miles a week and take a yoga class at least once a week. On weekends I often do something like hiking or kayaking when the weather is nice.

I consider running to be one of the best thing you can do for yourself. It improves your physical and mental well being so much.

I have a whatever-it-feels-like-my-body-needs approach to working out (and eating). Since I started this, not only have the results been amazing, but my workouts have been the favorite part of my day.

What this really means is I go running about 4 times a week, alternating between interval sprinting, as-fast-as-I-can 2 or 3 mile runs, and long jogs; I lift weights about twice a week, and I go rock-climbing as often as I can (2-3 times a week). When I feel like my body needs to rest, I go to the little gym at my work that no one else uses and I listen to music while stretching (my alternative to yoga/pilates/whatever).

I try to go to the gym at some point most days (4 or 5). I'll usually do 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer with the effort about a quarter the way up the effort scale (that's as technical and as energetic as I get about that piece of equipment). 30 minutes on the bike (that's when I make a lot of headway through whichever book I'm reading) and 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6km per hour. Time on the elliptical trainer and the treadmill doubles as my tv viewing time. If there's something really absorbing on, I might spend as much as two hours in the gym. I'm not interested in using weights.

I'll follow the gym session with swimming a couple of times a week...usually doing maybe 30 minutes, but at a steady pace rather than racing up and down the pool. I used to cycle as much as 50 miles per week. Now it's more like 50 miles per month since I upped my gym visits. I don't exactly race along, and if I get to a steep hill I'll climb off and push the bike rather than exert myself. Probably fair to say that my approach is of the tortoise rather than the hare, but I got my fitness assessed last December and the gym instructor said it was really good.

FleshNBones

Running up the stairs will give you a good workout.

Running down the stairs is murder on your knees.