LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

People Dieting READ!!!

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2008, 12:51 PM   #1

Exclamation People Dieting READ!!!

hey guys,
im 154 pounds and 5 ft 4....
I know im overweight but i seem to never be able to loose weight. Im going on a massive exchange trip in october to Japan.

Im really excited about going but i just wanna look nice for the trip. I wanna loose up to 24 lbs, to be down to a 8lb 10 and a size 8/10.
I really need help on my stomache,thigh and hip areas!
These areas are my worst and im curently a 10 on top and a 12 on the bottom i wanna be a 8/10.
Pleassssseeee HELPPPP!!
this is a once in a lifetime oppertunity and i wanna enjoy it without being worried about how i look!
LOve LJ
xx
littlemisslj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 4:16 PM   #2
Established Member

You will need to cut out unnecessary fat and sugar. If you drink sodas - diet or regular, you will need to switch to water. Lots of it. Drink two full glasses before meals. Cut out anything fried, and try to completely cut out fast food and nearly all processed foods. Add exercise - plenty of cardio, and anything that maximizes the use of your lower body. Eat plenty and often - fruits, vegetables, some dairy, lean proteins, etc. If you starve, all you will do is set yourself up for a nasty binge.

I would not recommend fad/crash dieting or pills. You might get into those 8/10s but as soon as you stop taking the pills or eating normally you will gain back all that you lost, and will continue to gain when your body slingshots against that weight loss.
Old 15th August 2008, 5:01 PM   #3
Established Member

LB is absolutely right, fantastic advice! Don't panic and be patient with it, don't try and lose 5+ lbs in a week or it won't stay off. With your time limit your pace will be somewhat closer to 3 lbs/week. 2 lbs/week is more realistic. You can do this. I would go even further to suggest that you discover your BMR (google) and realize that 1 lb is like 3600 calories. Figure out what sort of caloric deficit you need to run to meet your 7200 deficit per week, convert it into a daily calorie intake, and follow LB's guidelines to eating religiously.
bayouboi is offline   Reply With Quote