Random migraines and neck pain?

The past couple weeks I've been having some very strange migraines that happen randomly daily. The migraines occur at the front and sometimes the back of my head (sometimes feeling as if my skull is being ripped apart). And also some muscle cramps/pain behind my neck - let's say if i bend my head to look down and were to turn my head left/right I can feel the cramp where my head meets my neck.

I haven't been sleeping well either, I've been tossing and turning in bed often.

Any suggestions? Stress related a possibility?

I had something similar for nearly three months, it started off with constant headaches and then it progressed to the neck I felt one side of my neck constantly in pain and these excrutiationgly painful headaches that felt almost like I was having an anurism or something (not that I know what that feels like but I imagine) . tried different obus forme pillows to support my neck in my sleep since I thought it was neck related or how I was sleeping then I went to get myself checked out since it was just getting worse. I had a cat scan and eye tests and everything was normal.

doc said I suffered from tension headaches and I went on a medication called amytriptyline which is an antidepressant and anti anxiety pill but also used to treat chronic pain. he gave me the smallest dosage possible10mgs (depression patiens require minimum 75mg so that is how small my dosage was) and I went on it for about two months, it killed me I felt so absolutely tired ALL the time and just so lethargic and but my headaches did go away completely. he basically told me to keep taking it until I felt ready to try going off of it and then see if the headache persisted. like I said I did it for two or three months and then weened myeslf off of it since I could not stand how I felt on it. but let me tell you I was completely cured from them on.

I get tension headaches every so often but it is usually associated with stress or every once in a while during my menstrual cycle. most definitely stress is a huge factor.

the neck pain is totally gone, I think also I may have been doing something in my sleep when my neck was sore almost as if I would tense up in my sleep or something. I was undergoing some stressful events in my life just before when this happenes so I think it was no conicindence...I felt this right after.

I would monitor it and see if it persists.

oh one last thing, my doc told me to get off the tylenol not sure if you take a lot of tylenol or over the counter headache meds. I was taking every single day sometimes up to 4 tylenol a day if it was really severe, to manage the headaches. he said people often develope headaches from too much pain medication like tylenol as well.

The past couple weeks I've been having some very strange migraines that happen randomly daily. The migraines occur at the front and sometimes the back of my head (sometimes feeling as if my skull is being ripped apart). And also some muscle cramps/pain behind my neck - let's say if i bend my head to look down and were to turn my head left/right I can feel the cramp where my head meets my neck.

I haven't been sleeping well either, I've been tossing and turning in bed often.

Any suggestions? Stress related a possibility?

I have just been through the same sort of thing. I was told that my symptoms were conclusive with Tension headaches. Tension Headaches are often brought on by stress. I can tell you what has worked well for me is Ibup.. and ice packs on my neck. If you are new to headaches you should see your doctor just to be on the safe side. I went through a CT and MRI.. both came back just fine. Good luck to you.

AP:)