Worried : Chronic Ear Infections

My poor little buddy of 14 months has been getting ear infection after ear infection. He got tubes put in not too long ago and now had ANOTHER ear infection.

I'm pretty sure it already slowed down his speech development and I worry about hearing loss

The doctor says everything is fine but i can't help but worry.

I dont know, I just wanted to vent a bit.

Get a second opinion from another doc if it will ease your mind. Hope he feels better.

• Author

Thank you Story! I already plan to.

I was also wondering if anyone else had a kid with the same problem and how it worked out or how it did not work out.

whichwayisup

When my youngest niece was that age, she had ear infection after ear infection and also had to have tubes put in her ears. Just be careful to keep water out of his ear when bathing him..

My niece is fine now at 6 years old and thriving! Those ear infections didn't hold her back, so try not to worry too much..

• Author

Thank you whichway. I appreciate it.

he had tubes and i think one got dislodged and now he has his most recent one.

i just worry about permenant hearing loss, etc

he already is a little behind speech wise because of it i am pretty sure. But that can be remedied.

Also, he is very good with his hands and i can tell he concentrates with good focus, probably due to less distraction because he cant hear so well.

maybe i just worry too much