themessenger

The last girl I dated told me I sometimes had a musty smell sometimes she didn't like. I've been self consious about this ever since. The girl i'm dating now says thats ridiculous. Yet I've been doing research. Iread that if you cut back on alchol and certain foods such odors will go away. Anybody else know anything about this?

LucreziaBorgia

A person's natural smell is going to smell different to different people. The ability to sense pheromones is genetic - some women find the smell pleasant, some find it repulsive, and some women don't smell it at all.

As for diet - yes, certain diets can make you smell bad. I've heard the Atkins diet is the worst. Bad breath, bad sweat, etc.

Do you have a fairly balanced diet?

If you look at your thread about traits that make women melt, you'll notice that smell is a big part of attraction for a lot of women. I've heard women IRL say this a lot too.

Liking one's natural odor is a very subjective thing though. If the current girl likes how you smell, who gives a shyt what the last one thought?

As for the alcohol/foods question, your smell might change a little if you're hungover but I would be surprised if a change in diet made a huge impact on your body odor.

The last girl I dated told me I sometimes had a musty smell sometimes she didn't like. I've been self consious about this ever since. The girl i'm dating now says thats ridiculous. Yet I've been doing research. Iread that if you cut back on alchol and certain foods such odors will go away. Anybody else know anything about this?

If your ex didn't like it and your current gf does, I wouldn't worry about it. As LB said, some women like a certain guy's smell and some don't.

You're probably better off in the long run. I'm a firm believer in the whole smell thing (and body chemistry compatibility).

I don't know about this - what I do know is that different people are enticed by different scents. So it's possible that you and the first girl you dated simply weren't a match body odour wise.

Apart from that - and linking to other comments you made on the 'make you melt thread', I think all you can do is have good hygiene. The thing that I've noticed makes a whole world of difference is clean clothes: my ex bf would wear the same t-shirt two or three times before putting it to a wash and he would often smell musty. Current bf has one wear rule for shirt, 2 wear rule for jeans. He always smell good.

lovestruck818

I think that whatever smell is coming from my lover is a sexy one. When you love someone, stuff like that doesn't really matter.

• Author
themessenger

I have to admit I think it has to do with drinking and the fact I've put a little wheight on. I never used to sweat and this seems to be factors that make me sweat. she is the first person that has ever said something like this to me. (funny considering the gas she has) (gas is something i usualy was turned off by) If you saw this girl you would be like "gas?...her?" lol Everyone has there own peculiar natural body odor. It seems that when i'm interested i like it, when i lose interest it seems to have an entrly differnt scent..not so good. Could psychology be a factor? Anyways anymore knowledge about this subject is appreciated.

Edited by themessenger
Quiksilver ca

Look into crystal deodorant. It's odorless and without exaggerating, it's better than any other deodorant on the market.

Trialbyfire

Scent is very important to attraction. Smell, is bad. Scent is good. Do try a stronger deodorant, if you're feeling paranoid about it. There are some very good natural deodorants, you can get from some good body product stores, that don't smell like anything. Lush, which is a women's shop, has this product. It's odourless, so it won't clash with your cologne or the scent of your soap. Too much of anything, is a turn-off.

Also, try showering twice a day. Smell is caused by bacterial growth.

• Author
themessenger

I just read that stress and anxiety causes a differnt kind of sweat from persperation. It comes out of certain sweat glands and is fatty and contains more bacteria.