Losing weight on the thighs! Which cardio?

I tend to have weight accumulate on my thighs- and I don't want to do any sort of exercise that is going to make them any larger than they are. What are the best cardio options for me to choose to lose the weight on the thighs without building too much muscle to make them bigger?

I tend to have weight accumulate on my thighs- and I don't want to do any sort of exercise that is going to make them any larger than they are. What are the best cardio options for me to choose to lose the weight on the thighs without building too much muscle to make them bigger?

Well, there isn't a way to lose weight specifically on the thighs.

But I would recommand the eliptical for 'muscle' but not too bulky. Avoid the bike, obviously.

You might also want to look into yoga and pilates, which have a tendency to stretch out the muscles.

Yeah, there is no way to target weight loss on a body!

Try Pilates!!!

I LOVE it! Keeps me leeeaaaaannnN!:D (and flexible!)

Quiksilver ca

The best type of cardio is the type that will keep you consistent and doing it day in day out for an extended period of time.

You won't build any noticeable muscle through cardio, especially as a woman(hormonal reasons), so pick one that makes you happy, and keep at it.

Good ones are

a. elliptical

b. cycling

c. rowing

d. swimming

e. fast, inclined walk

Ive been doing swimming steady for 2 weeks now. Beats the crap out of me. And I thought I was in shape before starting!

I recommend that! Though its building up my shoulders and chest more than anything.

xpaperxcutx

I find that by mixing up routines involving thighs increases weight loss. Try biking, ellipticals, and/or running (treadmill (try to mix it with uphill incline and steady paces). And I also recommend those hip abductors machines really targets the glutes and inner and outer thighs.

There's no such thing as target weight loss, the best thing you can do is cut body fat through cardio.

Your going to probably build some muscle... it's a side effect of exercise (especially if the training is beyond what your body is accustom to). As for losing weight in specific locations, only one way to do that (cosmetic surgery). Just increase your activity level to something you can maintain easily and eat a little better... you may not get super fast results, but you're more than likely to stick with it (avoiding the yo-yo effect).