Probs with C section years later

SpanksTheMonkey

Hi every one I've been wondering something the last few days is it normal for a women to have had a C-section say about 4 or 5 years ago now and still have complete numbness around the wound/cut?

I mean complete numbness to were you could pinch yourself HARD and feel nothing at all? :confused:

I thought it may take some time but that the feeling should have come back by now no?

Thanks in advance for any advice I'm just wondering if this is normal or if they may have done something wrong back then.

I'll ask my daughter.. it's been 4 months now.. and she said she was numb.. she couldn't feel anything around where they cut..

So I'll ask her if it's still like that.. her doctor told her it was normal.. but 'years'... that's weird..

AdrianaLima

I know several people who had a C-section about five years ago. But they stopped having numbness like a month and so,after the operation. Four or five years is a very long time.

• Author
SpanksTheMonkey

Thanks Lizzie and Adriana yea I thought its been a while too I had a epidural so I wasn't out completely.

Sorry for getting a little graphic here but from what I remember of the actual surgery it looked like a saluter house.

All tho I didn't feel anything until afterward thank god but it was very messy.

I had a hard recovery couldn't walk for days afterward and was in an amazing amount of excruciating pain.

So I don't know if thats normal or if there were complications my obgyn back then didn't say anything to that affect.

I had said I felt numb but she said that was normal but its now been going on 5 years.

It just would be nice if I could feel my lower stomach area again but it just doesn't seam to be happening and I'm starting to wonder if I ever will again.

Ok any info on why or how I can get the feeling back is def appreciated is it something I'm doing wrong? that I can change maybe I just don't know.

I was just wondering if any one else ever had something similar happen and might know I guess Thanks again guys.

blind_otter

Why not talk to your doctor about this? They would probably be more qualified and experienced.

Hi every one I've been wondering something the last few days is it normal for a women to have had a C-section say about 4 or 5 years ago now and still have complete numbness around the wound/cut?

I mean complete numbness to were you could pinch yourself HARD and feel nothing at all? :confused:

I thought it may take some time but that the feeling should have come back by now no?

Thanks in advance for any advice I'm just wondering if this is normal or if they may have done something wrong back then.

I think you really should have it checked out by your OBGYN just to be on the safe side. I had three c-sections and had numbness after each one at the icision site. My numbness lasted for a few motnhs then went away. My last section was over three years ago and I do not have any numbness at all. This is just in my case, thought I would share.

AP:)

• Author
SpanksTheMonkey
Why not talk to your doctor about this? They would probably be more qualified and experienced.

Cant go back to the same Obgyn I now live 14 thousand miles away so thats not on option.

I suppose I could see a doc here tho thinking about it more I dout if the nerve endings haven't come back yet that theres much that can be done at this point.

And I'm also not insured here yet so it would have to wait anyways as its not an emergency.

I was just wondering if maybe any one else had the same experience and if its normal to lose feeling completely near the wound.

I didn't know it was my 1st and only c-section I see its not really normal now so maybe something wasn't done right back then.

I had a c-section 10 years ago. I had the same pain you described right after. The first time I even sat up, the pain was excruciating. But I never experienced any numbness and have never thought twice about it since. Four years later, I gave birth naturally without any problems.

Numbness 5 years after the fact sounds wrong. See a doctor to find out what's up. Maybe it's related to something else entirely.

melodicmaybe

I had my last one about six years ago, and the scar itself is still numb to the touch. Around it I can feel, but where they actually cut me there's no feeling at all. I'm pretty sure it's just nerve damage from the incision.

I wouldn't be able to really say if they'd done anything wrong though. There were several issues with mine in general. Are you planning on getting pregnant again?

• Author
SpanksTheMonkey
I had my last one about six years ago, and the scar itself is still numb to the touch. Around it I can feel, but where they actually cut me there's no feeling at all. I'm pretty sure it's just nerve damage from the incision.

I wouldn't be able to really say if they'd done anything wrong though. There were several issues with mine in general. Are you planning on getting pregnant again?

No def not in the near or distant future I'm only 30 tho so don't want to completely rule it out I guess.

melodicmaybe

Ah ok, was just wondering. I was just going to mention that if you were, make sure you know what type of internal incision they made. But since you're not planning on it, it's probably a moot point. ;)