Over the past weekend i developed a pretty nasty cold. I developed a small fever but it disappeared after taking some tylenol within a few hours which was surprising, because I didn't sweat a lot. Since then every night I sweat profusely at certain hours of the night. And often during the day I'm often fatigued (tired, bit of a headache or cant think straight/not sharp). I had a bit of joint pains this morning but that quickly resided. I still have random coughs since last weekend, but it's only to cough out the remainder infected mucus from my lung which are mostly gone.

What do you guys think? Do pneumonia victims always have constant fevers?

Over the past weekend i developed a pretty nasty cold. I developed a small fever but it disappeared after taking some tylenol within a few hours which was surprising, because I didn't sweat a lot. Since then every night I sweat profusely at certain hours of the night. And often during the day I'm often fatigued (tired, bit of a headache or cant think straight/not sharp). I had a bit of joint pains this morning but that quickly resided. I still have random coughs since last weekend, but it's only to cough out the remainder infected mucus from my lung which are mostly gone.

Sounds like athlete's feet to me!

Sounds like athlete's feet to me!

The point I was making by the smart arse response quoted above was, and I hope you got it, that it is insane to post symptoms on an Internet forum of laymen (who are not licensed medical doctors) and ask what we think you have.

YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE, MY FRIEND!!! If you think you have pneumonia, the very next thing you should do after that thought is get to a doctor or emergency room. Chances are good you'll live but people die everyday because they did not seek medical treatment. I promise you, if I ever feel like I have pneumonia....I am at the doctor's office immediately.

Pneumonia can KILL if not treated properly and quickly. We don't know if you have that or not but if there's a tiny chance you do, posting on a message board is wasting precious time that could keep you on our planet a bit longer.

SEE A DOCTOR if your situation worsens by even a tiny bit!!!

Citizen Erased

I thought I had the flu once. Turned out to be glandular fever (or mono as you American's apparently call it) and a slight cold at the same time :p

Point is, get your sick little bum outta bed and to the doctors. We couldn't possibly know what it is, but better safe then sorry ;)

I have the same exact thing. The dr. refused to give me an anti-biotic saying it would be counter-productive, that it's a virus and has to work itself through. I thought I had a sinus infection. About three nights ago I woke up and the bed was soaked with my sweat. I had to change all the sheets, pillows, etc.. It spooked me since I didn't know what was happening.

It's a virus that is going around, and some nursing homes are closing parts of the building that have people who are sick with this. It can take upto two weeks to get it fully out of your system. It's been a week for me and it's been awful. Along with the sinus, I had the coughing, body aches and slight fevers that would break and then come back. Though after that night of sweating really bad (I didn't have a fever then) most of the sinuses in my head went away.

littlekitty

I've had pneumonia and yes, you possibly could have it.

Symptoms include:

• in the beginning, a dry cough, which progresses to be a cough with phlegm that is often green/yellow or rust-coloured and may be smelly
  • breathlessness
  • pain in the side of your chest that can make breathing and coughing uncomfortable
  • fever
  • loss of appetite
  • aches and pains

Complications are more common in older people and may include:

• a build up of fluid around the lungs called a pleural effusion (pleurisy can be very painful!!)
  • breathing difficulties, which will need treatment in hospital
  • spread of the infection to your blood, called septicaemia or "blood poisoning" - this can be very dangerous

Although not listed here, it can also cause sensitivity to light and the skin can be sensitive to the touch. I suffered both those symptoms shortly before I was rushed into Intensive Care.

I would advise having a check up with a Doctor asap just to check. That said my Doctor missed the fluid build up in my lungs 3 times before I was rushed into Hospital in a critical condition with barely a quarter of one lung functioning.

Bottom line, check it out. It can kill. I'm only here thanks to a wonderful medical team who fought tooth and nail for my life.

Edited by littlekitty
whichwayisup

Sars!! That's what you have!!

If you are concerned it's pneumonia, then get yourself to a walk-in clinic or make an appt with your family doctor.

Sars!! That's what you have!!

Did you or anyone you know go to Toronto in 2004???? :p

Hey I'm not alone. I've been fighting a bug for the last two weeks. It's a pretty nasty one but didn't stike me as anything out of the ordinary for either a bad cold or a little flu.

But since you are worried, either call a health line or go to a doctor.