any tips for gaining weight?

hi i'm 18 years old 6' foot tall and 130lbs.i'm just too skinny.i've always been.i have wheited 130lbs since i'm like 12.i can never get a pound no matter how much i eat or waht i eat.i even smoke weed on a daily basis(we all know how hungry weed makes u)nothing ever works.i'm just too frustrated i dont wanna be skinny forever.so if anyone knows a pill or a treatment(whatever)that'll meke me get some pounds please share it with me.thxs

Protein Shakes from a store like GNC. The people there have pretty good knowledge of the products they carry and will be able to help you pick the best product for your needs. Doing it this way will help bulk you up in muscle which is healthier than adding weight through extra fat calories.

Well im extremily skinny myself but with work I once got myself past the 200 mark. First off Id probably recomend cutting back or quiting weed because your going to need alot of motivation to gain this weight. Just eat tons of pasta and rice and try to eat a good amount of chicken and beef and drink milk. if you just want to fatten up and dont mind doing it the horibly unhealthy way add alot of pie cand and ice cream to a diet with lots of fast food.

If you put on weight purposely now at age 18 then you will hate that you did it when you get older..

Every milestone in your life you seem to jump 10-15 pounds.. age 20.. age 30.. age 40..

All naturally.. if you put on weight then when your body's metabolism starts to slow down you will be over weight.. or have trouble keeping on your target weight..

I would suggest just enjoying it and let nature work it's own wonders with time..

I was 5'9",114 lbs at age 18.. I'm 155 lbs at age 44 now.. and I didn't do anything on purpose.. only time put my weight on..

Nature never did anything for me. I weigh the same now at 46 as I did when I was in high school.

I went on a diet in 2005 and gained 10 pounds. How did I do it? I ate every 3 to 3 1/2 hours. No matter what it is, just eat something 5 to 6 times a day. you can count the shake as one of your times (I use Carnation Instant Breakfast), even just a salad with lots of dressing can count as one of your 6 "feedings." Also dessert counts. It was the only thing that worked for me and I've tried everything over the years.

like mentioned, protein shakes are a really good way to go.... as long as you keep toned & exercise!

also, you might want to try drinks like Ensure, Boost, Glucerna, etc. My bf is pretty skinny and the only way he can keep his weight up or gain is if he adds about 2 of those a day. Try and look for one that has at least 300 calories or more per can.

good luck!

If you want to put on muscle, you need the right combination of Carbs, Protein, Fats, Vitamins, Minerals. You should also time your meals with your workouts.

I recommend reading a good book on sports nutrition. Spending $20 and some time researching can save you a lot of time and money in the long term. If you are careless, you could beat up youself for weeks or months with little or no return.

I recommend peas, and beans for an extra meal. You get a lot of fiber and protein, and the stuff is cheap.

I put on 10 lbs.

Don't feel bad.

I am 6 feet tall and weight only 115 lbs.

I used to feel bad about it. I tried gaining weight and I got up to 135 lbs within 6 months, but then I stopped and am back down to 115.

From my own experience, I recommend not using supplements, but keep your current diet and just do a lot of push-ups.

No, you won't gain a fatty bulk look this way, but you will gain healthy natural defined muscles. This is what I'm working on myself, and I'm seeing some good results. You won't gain as much weight this way, but as someone else mentioned, when your metabolism finally starts to slow down, you will not be overweight if you do it this way.

what kind of peas and beans are you getting cause to tell you the truth I badly need to put on some weight
Peas, beans, and lentins are pulses. They offer pretty much the same nutrition. I prefer sweet peas (bought frozen) because they take less time to prepare. Beans require time to soak, but you can pay a premium for the canned stuff (saves time) if you want. I think canned peas taste like sh*t but that's my opinion.

Beans... I like to use soup seasoning on my beans. I tried pinto and the great northern beans. Personally, I prefer the great northern bean.

If you want to get a lot of calories, you need to experiment with the water content. Too much water, and the stuff will fill you up fairly quickly. Too little, and it becomes a thick paste.

If you eat a lot of pasta and bread, the bean proteins should complement the grain proteins nicely.

You should snack on some fruits and vegitables between meals. I prefer bananas. I also like carrots, tomatoes, and brocolli.

If I want a quick meal. I eat two sandwiches which are either cheese or peanut butter (no jelly) on whole grain bread.

I like to make my own pizza. I use whole wheat flour, milk, etc. to make the crust. I use some store bought sauce (There is almost nothing in the sauce). I really pile in some fresh portabella mushrooms (not many calories, but has some good stuff). I top it off with some lowfat provalone cheese. It has a ton of calories, but it digests so slowly (which is good). I don't eat it very often.

Go to an all-you-can-eat buffet everyday at dinner time and eat the same thing the people at the next table do. You'll look like them in no time.

At 18, it is normal for your body to have a high metabolism so nothing to worry about.

There is a strict workout/diet regiment to follow if you want to gain weight. If you are serious about gaining weight (muscle, not fat), I would advise you to go to a weight training forum where there are experts who themselves are living proof.

A few years ago I used to be a regular gym junkie and I visited those very forums for advice. I gained knowledge and followed a workout regime which was successful until I lost motivation and stopped going. This is what I learned:

Eating foods high in calories and low in protein without exercise will make you gain fat. Eating foods high in protein and a good amount of calories with a proper workout regime will help you gain weight (muscles), there is a certain way to calculate how much grams of protein you're supposed to intake daily (it may have been g = 2x your body weight, i dont remember so dont take my word for it).

Be careful and precise of your supplement intake, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

All or almost all body builders drink whey protein (a byproduct of milk), before and after they workout, and days they are resting when they dont workout. Whey protein is different than regular protein because it is the fastest absorbed form of protein by the body readily available on the market, in powder form. Some people are lazy and go for the huge jar of Weight Gainers at their local GNC which includes all the calories, protein, and cholesterol you need to gain weight but it isnt a clean/healthy way of gaining weight.

In layman's terms, Protein/(calories) = muscle, one must overconsume more calories than the body burns during workout. If you dont maintain it, you will just be working out for endurance (basically remain the weight you are). Let's say if your average # of meals a day is 3, try pushing it to 4 or 5 and with (high protein) snacks in between...remember over maintain the # of calories/protein that the body burns throughout the day.

High protein foods include but arent limited to:

Beans, Nuts, fish, chicken, beef, milk, etc.

The regime I used to follow was working out 3 days a week, 1 hr each time. during that time I would do 3 sets of 10s for certain body parts, rest the following day and resume workout every other day (Mon, wed, fri)...you just want to push your body to the limit on the last #'s of the last set. Thats why the workouts are just 1 hr, keep it short and sweet but feel the burn, and have time to rest.

I'm just giving you the overall regime/workout & diet plan you'd likely have to follow if you're serious about gaining weight. And if you're very serious about it, again my advice is to go a health & fitness forum where you get expert advice.

I'm just giving you the overall regime/workout & diet plan you'd likely have to follow if you're serious about gaining weight. And if you're very serious about it, again my advice is to go a health & fitness forum where you get expert advice.

I listed a forum such as that earlier in this thread.

That forum I gave a link to can be helpful, although you have to be careful as those bodybuilder forums can get a little wacky. Just don't become one of the wackos yourself OP.

For instance, the bodybuilders try to eat every three hours when they are trying to bulk up (gain). One guy got on the forum and said how he usually sleeps between midnight and 8 am and since that's going over 3 hours without eating, he was asking if he should include a "feeding" during that time frame.

Just don't become THAT wacko.

Go to an all-you-can-eat buffet everyday at dinner time and eat the same thing the people at the next table do. You'll look like them in no time.
The problem is that it is all high fat foods. Not many vitamins or minerals. It will go right through you, and give your blood sugar level some wild fluctuations.

If you want to get fat, eat fast food, hot dogs, and greasy stuff.

Protein Requirements (grams of protein a day)/(kg of body weight)

Endurance Athlete 1.2-1.4

Strength and Power Athlete 1.4-1.8

Athlete on fat-loss program 1.6-2.0

Athlete on weight-gain program 1.8-2.0

For a 130 lb guy

Endurance Athlete 71-83g

Strength and Power Athlete 83-106g

Athlete on fat-loss program 95-118g

Athlete on weight-gain program 106-118g

They say consuming any more than that won't help muscle development. Once you get into shape, you should be able to consume less protein because it is processed more efficiently.