**alcoholics**

hi there. i've always had a problem with wanting to get wasted. after a while when my boyfriend and i were together i didn't drink for a couple months. he had been sober for 2 years!!! then i drank twice after those 5 months and just about 2 months ago my boyfriend started drinking again!! and i did too. i would get withdrawal symptoms when i didnt drink and we do it a lot. but then....he has a problem with me doing it and it shows that he gets angry about it. he drank all this weekend..he's drunk right now. and i really tried hard and i didnt drink today. he's not abusive or acts different in any way. but is this a problem with me?? how can i feel like i dont need to get messed up. its not just alcohol that i fiend too. i dont do other things but i realized that its just the substance abuse and the satisfaction that comes along with it. is there anyone out there who drinks and has a significant other who drinks a lot and you're trying to slow down?? please help. how did you go about getting off that crave???

For an Alcoholic one drink is too many and 1000 is not enough..

It's alway's the first drink that kills the alcoholic.

You need to go to AA .. A fellowship 12 step program is the best way to stay sober and get rid of the cravings.

I have been sober since June 28,1987 and without AA I would never had been able to quit.

Call your local AA chapter in the phone book and they will have a 12th stepper call you back and talk with you.

• Author

yes i've been thinking about it. my boyfriend did it a while back and he seemed 100% sober and in control and he deliberately chose to start up again. that's why i was hoping i could just do it on my own but if that helps me i really should do it. thanks..