Quick meth recovery

PinkZebra

SMy ex fiance got me into meth. I never tried or even saw it before him. I did alot and didnt notice he was getting it for me and he wasnt doing any. When i finally noticed and confronted him about this and many more lies he got upset and broke up. Our relationship was a big joke and lie. He got me hooked but not himself. Why would a guy do this? What did he gain? I dont know meth people so when he left so did my abuse of this drug. It was hard at first and i slept alot. But in hind site it was the best thing for him to go. Im clean now and i cant get any drugs because like i said i dont know these people. But this was just low to do this to me. Im still hurting over the break up but i feel and look much better. I still sometimes get cravings and its hard. But i have to be strong and move in. Has anyone dealt with meth addiction and recovery? How did you do it? Please tell me your stories and how you stated clean. Thx.

loveweary11

Jesus, this guy is one of the worst examples of a human being I've ever heard of.

Used you and tried to control you with drugs.

Who paid the rent for 3 years? If it wasn't him, you have your answer as to the "why."

• Like 1
Clarence_Boddicker

I don't get why any female would touch meth. I can understand other drugs. Meth is so lame. Most females care about their appearance. Meth destroys most female's youthful looks very quickly.

Call Loveline if they are still going. You need to fix the switch in your brain that got you into doing it. Addiction can be a lifelong curse. Most can't stay clean without support. You might wanna go to some support groups.

• Like 1
pureinheart
SMy ex fiance got me into meth. I never tried or even saw it before him. I did alot and didnt notice he was getting it for me and he wasnt doing any. When i finally noticed and confronted him about this and many more lies he got upset and broke up. Our relationship was a big joke and lie. He got me hooked but not himself. Why would a guy do this? What did he gain? I dont know meth people so when he left so did my abuse of this drug. It was hard at first and i slept alot. But in hind site it was the best thing for him to go. Im clean now and i cant get any drugs because like i said i dont know these people. But this was just low to do this to me. Im still hurting over the break up but i feel and look much better. I still sometimes get cravings and its hard. But i have to be strong and move in. Has anyone dealt with meth addiction and recovery? How did you do it? Please tell me your stories and how you stated clean. Thx.

Be careful love because meth is EVERYWHERE. Because you used it you know what it does and your reaction to it... it's not hard to see when someone else is on it after using yourself.

I never was addicted to it, but just quit smoking so I understand cravings...

You know, in the event you are health-conscieous (sp?), my advice would be to read all of the adverse affects of meth and stories of the hell people have been through behind it.

• Like 1
pureinheart
I don't get why any female would touch meth. I can understand other drugs. Meth is so lame. Most females care about their appearance. Meth destroys most female's youthful looks very quickly.

Call Loveline if they are still going. You need to fix the switch in your brain that got you into doing it. Addiction can be a lifelong curse. Most can't stay clean without support. You might wanna go to some support groups.

A friend of mine who helped troubled teens told me that only 6% of those that quit using meth stay 'quit'.

One reason for women using meth is most women these days are way over worked. Weight reduction (during the first few times of use) is a big factor and women have hormone issues including, but not limited to hypothyroidism.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

Meth is hardcore on everyone it touches...the user and the people around the user.....its hard once you have used to not go back...the cravings are intense and also it seems to have a residual effect for months after.....i feel for you...

meth can cause drug induced schizophrenia...and i am dealing with people close to me who are using...and are exhibiting this........and its ripping my family apart......i am just hanging in.....i pray alot.......thats about all i can do.....do you have family support at all or a close friend who doesnt use....i suggest narc anon its group therapy and i think hearing stories from family members who go through this addiction with you helps users stay clean...because the effect fo meth doesnt stop at the user...it fans out to affect a whole community......family friends and a community in general.........the whole lot.....

i am so happy for you that you decided to go clean......and that you are getting better.....but please find support.....do you have family....deb....

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
misscongeniality143

Ive been sober off of meth for almost two years now. It slowly destroys you. I went cold turkey and it got to the point where i had to be hospitalized numerous times. That stuff is the devil.

And if somebody was trying to do that to me i would have thought they were taking advantage of me. For them to offer me drugs for the first time but not do any themselves..huge red flag right there.

• Like 2