Recovered....BUT......

ahsumgurl909

Hey everyone long time no see. Well first off my friends BF killed himself, then my other friend was stabbed 9 times, then my daughter tells me she is going gay and left for San Francisco, and tonight my dear mother had a heart attack. And she lives far from me and am losing my mind with worry. She does have family with her.

On the flip side of all of that I am living with my Sister whom I have not been close to in 25 years. I am walking with God and I am clean and sober. My Sister has taken me in after a long time of homelessness along with addiction. I finally got tired. Although there is a lot coming down on me right now. The things I mentioned above and dealing with the trust issues everyone has with me. I have my Brother-in-law talking crap behind my back. Watching how many hours I sleep etc. It really bothers me because he smokes 20 a day in pot. And yet is nick picking me.

I am stressing about my mom. And afraid of using. I dont think I will I dont want to. But I am feeling over whelmed. Anyone have any coping skills for this situation??

yeap...get to the nearest phone and call a help line. That is more stress then any sane and non recovering person could handle. Then again, a red flag goes up anytime a person says they are RECOVERED. No one recovers entirely, they endure and adjust but if they recovered they wouldn't have the symptoms to want to drink/do drugs.

Seriously if what you are saying is true, you need a non bias person on the phone or around you to see you thru this....How long have you been clean? Sometimes that can be an aspiring coping skill .....

The above reply is excellent advise.

My older brother has had a drinking problem most his adult life, he in fact now has a great support system, and it includes speaking on the phone as well as internet message board that cater to issues such as this.

Reach out and make a phone call, or get involved in some type of active community that aids to this particular situation.

Stay active with others and keep your chin up!

"I finally got tired"..... you have come to far to go back.... and you know you don't want to..... You have dealt with many life changing events and still overcame... you can get thru this too.....