Is It A Problem???

I hav read the threads that other people have written about there problems, and I am sure this sounds not very major, but i really need to talk to somebody, anyone....

Im 22, and have been smoking weed since 16. For the past year I have been spending a tenna a day. I smoke in the morning, before work(and I work in a bank), throughout work, and at home. I live alone, and smoke till i fall asleep. I have no memory anymore, no ambition, and no life. Definatly no money! I have gone without food for my weed, and I just so tired now. sick of always being depressed . So i told myself no more today! the only problem is that teh idea of not smoking was so upsetting, i brought two bottles of wine. I feel like i am just replacing on addiction with potentially another. I really dont know where to go or what to do. Im all alone in my world, and i have noone or nothing to focus on. what should i do? please give me some advice.

If it's really a problem for you (and it sounds like it is) try going to a narcotics anonymous or an alcoholics anonymous meeting. Just do a search for meetings in your area and you will get the face to face support that you need.

If it's really a problem for you (and it sounds like it is) try going to a narcotics anonymous or an alcoholics anonymous meeting. Just do a search for meetings in your area and you will get the face to face support that you need.

I agree totally with her. Its important that you know you have a problem. Thats the first step of the 12 steps. I would suggest Narcotics Anonoymous. They will help you find ways to deal with your cravings, and avoid using better than Alcoholics.

I've been to both, and Narcotics was by far the one I personally could relate to. You'll slowly regain your memory back. The depression may have to be treated also.

GOOD LUCK!

See, the thing is, marijuana is not physically addictive. It can be, as it sounds in your case, intensely habit forming, but unlike kicking cocaine, alcohol, or nicotine, there's no physical withdrawl symptoms. Hence, why you really shouldn't try to replace weed with alcohol. That's like fighting fire with a much bigger, more destructive fire.

Like the others said, go to a narcotics meeting. It'll help you break the psychological habit. I used to smoke every day, and when I finally kicked it, I just had to keep reminding myself that it was only psychological, and eventually the urge just wore off. (So much so that when I did smoke it a few months later, I got little pleasure from it). You'll be fine as long as you DON'T look to replace it with alcohol.

Hmm.

Call the numbers suggested. Also, if you can, contact your family and friends. Get some support. It may feel embarrassing, but if the love you they will understand. I'm sure no one wants to lose you

• 3 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with smoking pot.

I don't smoke it but, I'm smart enough to have at least studied it for a while before saying anything bad about it.

And by the countless studies on it, there is nothing wrong with it.

But, people here will bash pot and as they do they sip a beer is crazy.

No one has been killed or killed while on marijuana. How many people have died because of alcohol? Hmm? :)

If you lack motivation, have no life, or have no memory, then you need to *take* the motivation to change that. If that means ditching the weed, then just do it. I know it's weird to think you won't be smoking it anymore, but like others have said, there's no real physical withdrawl symptoms... so stopping is purely in your head.

I'm not a big fan of 12 step programs, so if that's not your thing, I wouldn't recommend trying to force one to work for you. It sounds like you just need to get out more, find a new hobby, and focus on some new goals... one of them being to stop smoking weed.

It's really not as bad as you're thinking it is. You'll be fine once you focus on something other than weed.