I punched my bf's jealous ex gf

Editbee

I'm still shaken up by what just happened this Saturday. I feel bad. I really do.

She was a bigger and stronger woman whom attacked me while I wasn't looking and started pulling my hair so hard it freaking hurt; she wouldn't let go. I was taken by surprise and really didn't see it coming.

I did the only thing I thought about at that moment: moved forward towards her and threw a couple punches in her lower stomach. That ended the fight quickly but I felt bad afterwards. I hurt her.

I don't like fights at all nor rough things (not even horror movies) at all. I'm a very feminine girl that adores nature and animals. That was my very first fight and I'm still shocked at this moment.

I've never hit anyone in my life, much less hurt them. I would never do that except if I really needed it. Do I overdo it punching her like that?

• Author

I hate fights and violence. I'm very feminine woman that's in tune with animals, nature and peace. I'm still shocked to be honest.

I feel bad that it had to get to the point of having to hurt the other woman to get her off me.

Edited by Editbee
eleanorrigby

You did the right thing. I like movie violence but the thought of actually getting in a physical fight makes me ill, however anyone puts a hand on me will be in for a surprise. Because I’m not normally a fighter, I tend/ed (last fight was in highschool) to go overboard just out of fear. People would be smart should give people like you and me a wider berth.

Anyway you always have the right to defend yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author

I hope this is the first and last time I have to defend myself. I've never given anyone a reason to attack me.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

You got her off of you. I don’t consider that being violent.

What she did was violent because you never would’ve hurt her if she didn’t attack you first.

major_merrick

She started it, you ended it. Good for you! You're feeling uneasy because this is your first time using violence. You hope it is your last, but life is not like that. I'm glad you had the appropriate self-preservation instinct. Learn some fighting skills, and you will be better prepared for the next time. Because this is life, and there is ALWAYS a next time.

Since you love nature, I'll leave you with this thought: Foxes have fangs and cats have claws. Why should you be different?

The Outlaw

You may not like it, but you did the right thing. She started it, but you finished it. She didn't have the right to put her hands on you, but if she has any sense at all, she won't do so again. I know you feel horrible about it, but good on you for defending yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
She started it, you ended it. Good for you! You're feeling uneasy because this is your first time using violence. You hope it is your last, but life is not like that. I'm glad you had the appropriate self-preservation instinct. Learn some fighting skills, and you will be better prepared for the next time. Because this is life, and there is ALWAYS a next time.

Since you love nature, I'll leave you with this thought: Foxes have fangs and cats have claws. Why should you be different?

I like the way you emphasized about my love of nature at the end. It sure makes sense.

Some fighting skills such as throwing punches, blocking upcoming hits or using my legs were taught to me by both my grandfather when he was alive and uncle. They thought it was important I know something and were persistent on me learning it. They used to jokingly say ''well at least you ain't gonna scratch like cats, lol''.

I never thought the moment would come and wasn't expecting it at all.

• Author

My bf is absolutely disgusted by her actions and apologized for it. He didn't have to.

He had previous made it clear to her that he isn't coming back and wants nothing to do with her.

whichwayisup

Time to get a restraining order against her! Really! Talk to your boyfriend about this.