My situation and thoughts

richieb

I have been in a relationship with someone who was abused by their stepfather both physically and sexually. After a few years he turned himself in, she was removed and raised by her grandparents. They attended some counseling but pretty much yes yes yes lets get this over hush hush so on. Fast forward to 8 years ago we met, started dating and after a few months moved in together. Everything was fine for a year then i started noticing her being very secrative. That passed and two years later i bought the ring. Asked her to marry me, and she accepted then discovered 2 months later that she had been having an affair for the past six months with a co worker. She seemed very remorsefull and we started counseling together. She then went individually for the abuse but never followed through for more than a month. Fast forward 2 more years, same thing , cheating , we seperated for a month then tried counsling again. stopped they told her to work on the abuse first, didnt last. another bout of cheating, then pleading with me to be there for her to go through counseling. Stayed and yet i find myself again dealing with cheating. She has been on numerous dating sits and kik and meeting men for sex. Again, its the ole i need help. stay. I am worn out. I know these are some issues with abuse survivors and some are just her decisions. what to do.

She keeps cheating. I don't see how her past experience of abuse is relevant to whether she can stay faithful or not. Apart from that, you can't force her into therapy and she has to take some responsibility for her actions. I wouldn't let her use her past as an excuse. No point in staying in a relationship where she is mistreating you like this.