still hurting....

superchic

From the time I was 13, I was exposed to a lot of physical abuse. My mother was beaten almost every day by her boyfriend, and she wasn't a strong enough person to leave. I left home at 17 to get away from this and my mother finally left after taking it for 6 long years. I am now 22 and I still hurt inside from having to witness my only parent go through that. I have been to so many therapists and tried a lot to move on and forget this part of my life, but it seems like I am getting nowhere. I have been in a very good relationship for 3 and a half years and I have never told my boyfriend about a lot of my childhood, for fear that he wouldn't accept me. My boyfriend has never layed a finger on me, but when we get into arguements, deep down inside of me I expect him to hit me. This can't be a proper way for me to think and feel and I don't know how to get 100% happy or how to move on and forget this.

If anyone can offer some words of wisdom, I am open to try anything.

You need to sit your boyfriend down and tell him everything you want to say to him! Don't think that he won't accept you. You two obviously love each other or you wouldn't be together, so just tell him. It might ease a lot of your hurt inside. He might be able to sympathise with you and help you get through your pain.

pitprincess

I grew up in an abusive family

The pain heals but it takes a lot of time.

I talked to my husband about it and with his help I over come the fear that I had from being around it all my life.

Keep your communication to each other open. You must share everything with him your love and life depends on it :)

God Bless