Scary situation

Pookette

I had an ex who - long story short - ended up being commited to a psych ward for paranoid schizophrenia. Three times.

He was emotionally, verbally and somewhat physically abusive.

Last I talked to him was a few months after a very painful breakup. He wanted me to come back to him. He said he wasn't crazy anymore and would quit drinking, drugs...all that. His friends were trying to find me for him. This was 3 years ago.

I've been careful where I go, who I talk to and who I give my phone number to, just on the off chance he gets in his head that he needs to contact me. I've been married now for almost 2 years and I'm still scared of him.

Yesterday when I got home there was a number on my caller ID that belonged to one of his friends. While we were together we stayed with this friend. Today I got three "wrong numbers" in a row. The voice was the ex's brother.

Now, I was willing to write off the first number in the caller ID as just a wrong number dialed by the other party. But hearing his brother's voice not once, but three times has me really freaked out.

My ex already has told me he wanted to kill me. He may have changed over three years, but in the past he refused to take his meds. I'm afraid he will try to come after me again. Not just to get me back, but to harm me.

Am I just overreacting? I'd like to think I am, but the gut feeling tells me otherwise...

Fedup&givingup

I would change my number, and make it unlisted.

Fedup&givingup

OMG!!! Now people can pay to find out an unlisted number online, scary

• Author

I've been bugging out trying to figure out where he/they got it. My friends or family know not to give it out. I didn't think of that option though... :(

Darkangelism

Talk to the LS user Hidden Piglet, her ex is really pyscho, like transfer schools to follow her around.

What about call block and/or call trace? Can you get them on your line so you'll be ready in case there are more calls?

Don't accept calls from blocked numbers, and then don't accept calls from numbers you don't know or could possibly be him.

No you are not over reacting. Schizophenia is not a curable disease, it is controllable with meds. If he refuses to take his meds then who knows what kind of delusions he maybe having.

First tell your husband. I'm sure that you have shared with him what you went through with your ex, so he may have an idea what your going through and will be support for you.

Second get a tape recorder so if you do start getting harassing calls you have proof to back you up with the police. If they do start (I hope they don't) call the police, you will need to start a record history if this persists.

The police will probably not put out a restraining order unless he threadens you.

Record everything. Starting with what you have told us. with dates and times, and who.

I don't mean to scare you. You need to be prepared just in case. Hopefully it's nothing. Unfortanatly stocking laws don't protect the victims as much as they do the privicy of the accused.

• Author

The thing is, my husband is in a profession where he needs to be available 24 hrs to take calls from clients. Most phone calls we get are from unknown people/numbers.

I can and have taken steps to block the two numbers so far.

Oh, my husband does know everything. He tells me not to worry - he will take care of things. But if it comes down to it, I'd rather deal with the situation myself. I don't want anybody getting hurt on my behalf.

GeorgiaSongbird

Pookette --

I say get your husband a cell or 2nd number for his work activites under his name.

Put your home number under a relatives names and have it billed to P O BOX.