Is This really how it works with men??

Sooooooo.....Men...Shed some light please!!!

Havent been intimate for a week with Max. Last nite FINALLY got some!! I asked him why the sabbatical and he says "You always fight with me"

I wasnt aware that men actually do this. That they shy away from sex with their partner when times are rough and there is alot of fighting going on.

Is it true, or do you think this is worrisome? Our norm is every 2 or 3 days or so. We have been together for almost 2 years......

slubberdegullion

Men often equate sex with acceptance. If he was feeling somewhat rejected by whatever issues were currently in play, then it's not surprising that he stayed away for a little while.

Not knowing any details makes it pretty difficult to offer any sort of decent clarification, but his comment "You always fight with me" is telling.

What are you always fighting about?

I agree, if there's fighting or any other conflict going on the desire will lessen considerably. That's just the way it is. :)

• Author

hhhmmmmm....acceptance....you just may be on to something there.....

Lets see, over the last weekend he DID do a couple of things that he KNOWS was unacceptable, and admitted as much to me that he was being selfish and unfair to us and to me.....The residual of what he did lasted through the weekend, and unto Monday, when I continued to be a self righteous b!tch but....Mainly because I was up on my soap box ...

Hey, I am right so very few times, and those times are even fewer when he actually ADMITS it and then APOLOGIZES for it......Welllll......Slap my a$$ and call me Susie but I couldnt let that opportunity pass by...

I know, mean spirited but I was so disgusted and fed up by him that I felt spiteful....and that turned to anger, and resentment that was welling up in me from the weekend and then I kept picking fights with him and I guess that is where the whole "acceptance" thingie that you said kicks in......

• Author

Heyyyyy!!!!!!!

This place is marvelous!!!! I love LS!!!! Finally, answers to all those strange (and not so strange) questions I have lurking within...thanks!!!

slubberdegullion

watches a light bulb magically appear over too*unreal's head

Epiphanies are cool, aren't they? :D