Question about sex

My g/f and I were discussing sex the other day and she feels that oral should count as sex with us, where I disagree. I say intercourse is sex. I understand where she is coming from, oral sex is still a type of sex but I look as oral as a bonus. So just kinda curious what everyone else thinks.

LucreziaBorgia

What difference does it make in your relationship? Is there a specific reason this came up?

• Author

i know most guys would take oral over intercourse but I look at it as being more intimate with her. It doesn't make a difference in our relationship just a discussion we were having. She does everything I want sexually and I do the same for her. We were just chatting about it and I just want to know what everyone thinks

I vote that oral sex is sex. Although I think that definition has been changed by the current generation of teens. In my day (do I sound really old now) oral sex typically was done after (not immediately but you get the drift) intercourse as it was seen as more intimate for couples.

Today, I think it is perceived as a solution to safe sex and as a way to maintain one's technical virginity.

I have heard that many will engage in that and consider it "heavy petting" or "making out". I imagine it is also a way to keep the raging hormones of boys at bay.

How old are you? I am betting that you are under 25. I guess that is around the age where people differ on opinions.

slubberdegullion

Of COURSE oral-genital contact is sex. To think otherwise is delusional.

(jen_jen_heartbroken: love your post!)

Folks, it's not called oral SEX for nothing. It was named with SEX in mind. You can still get STD's from oral sex because you're still exchanging bodily fluids. I think that's why it's considered sex.

Also, if someone has a cold sore on their mouth and you kiss them and then give them oral sex you can give them genital herpes! So think again when you write off oral sex. It has it's consequences too.

RecordProducer

If this is one of those "She just gave me oral (or vice versa), NOT INTERCOURSE so it's not cheating!" then forget it! It's cheating.

Oral sex certainly isn't abstinence. Doesn't that alone fulfil the criteria for indirect proof that oral sex IS sex?

Hmm. Maybe some clinical studies are in order.:lmao: