Is it possible for someone's game to drop?

By "game," I mean the ability to interact with the opposite gender.

Let me take you back to around this time last year. When I was working, I would be trying to talk to some women who caught my eye. I was often trying to be friendly with some. Then after I got fired, I went through depression which I eventually got over. I started school and currently am in school at the moment. However, I am not sure if I lack the game that I had, or if I am just not that motivated to meet women. Not to say that I haven't tried interacting with some, whether they are in some classes with me or some I see around. But I wonder if it's because I lack drive in trying to meet women or if it's because my game level had dropped. I don't feel like I am shy or anxious. I am more reserved than shy.

So can someone's ability to talk to people just go away?

Happy Lemming

When your knife gets dull, you have to sharpen it...

You got out of the habit of talking and interacting with women, so that ability went dormant. And now it seems like you are not motivated, but I think you just got out of practice.

It has been easier to let the "reserved" E-Squared steer the ship vs. the social E-Squared.

You had certain confidence based on who you were in the working world. When you lost your job & had to revise how you saw yourself, your self esteem took a hit. It's not that your abilities went away, they are just dormant. Your confidence may have been more tied to your economic prospects then you realize. When you graduate, they will come back in spades. Happy studying.

• Like 2
So can someone's ability to talk to people just go away?

in your case I think its cause you aren't working currently, a big part of men's self-esteem is tied up in our career (or lack of it). maybe you're afraid that these chicks will ask you what you do for a living and you'll have to explain your current circumstance

CantGetEnuff

OP, I think every guy's mojo fluctuates some, based on our age, status (real or perceived), health, stress levels, etc.

Don't sweat it too much, if you had game you can get it back. You might need to talk yourself up a bit more, maybe hit the gym (endorphins really help imo), and as others said, get back out there and sharpen the game knife.

Depression from Life events will always affect your game and how you interact with people in general. it can show in your body language and like you already acknowledged it can't even affect your interest in people, and of course it hurts your confidence.

so it's always just best to work on your problems and get them all straightened out so you don't go out and find a partner at your weakest point.

so it's always just best to work on your problems and get them all straightened out so you don't go out and find a partner at your weakest point.

Amen. You want to be careful to avoid the stink of desperation, other people can smell it a mile away. It's one reason guys experience the frustrating paradox of having easy interactions with women when we're already in a good relationship. When you're happy and grounded, everything from body language to your personal vibe improves...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

l dunno , l just scratch my damn head at this game stuff and the way so many guys , internet anyway, dunno how much reality that really is though, seem to think.

l think we mainly just get the problem child in forums.

Me l never cared about women, or some game, unless l was interested they're just men to me, no different in that regard. l only cared about the one l wanted , but if she didn't want me back , tough , plenty of fish in the sea.