Bum slapping in my team

Without context, it's hard to comment. But you've worded it as slapping your own bum. I guess if it's a new style of celebration over a goal, then yes, it's normal. Much like running around with your shirt over your head.

• Like 1

It's been a part of sports since time immemorial. Watch sports on TV & you will see it.

• Like 1

Slapping your own bum? Sure that's fine, might look funny though. Your college teammates? Yeah I think that's somewhat common although I always thought weird. Is it happening to you over and over, by the same guy or everyone?

• Author
Bcfchanson12
Slapping your own bum? Sure that's fine, might look funny though. Your college teammates? Yeah I think that's somewhat common although I always thought weird. Is it happening to you over and over, by the same guy or everyone?

Yeah my team mates. don't know why they do it never understood it

Is normal to slap your bum on your sports college team ?

I totally got that you meant about doing it to other people...don't let it bother you that some people can't figure out the nuances when English is not one's first language. :).

Traditionally it is a 'normal' or routine way of showing support or a 'thumbs up' to a player or teammate for a given good play or tactic against the opponent...but,

if it makes you uncomfortable on a personal level, then obviously don't do it...and you can of course also ask your teammates and/or coach(es) to not do it to you.

JustGettingBy

While wearing the team's uniform its totally normal.

When in street clothes, that's another story.