Do Vision Boards really work

Have any of you tried a Vision board. Be it for findings a Love match or more money/Getting out of Debit or whatever you fancy.

I am curious about your experiences.

How did you set it up or what goes into your vision board.

My daughter put a picture of her desired degree on the pinboard above her desk when she was in high school. Each time she was tempted to goof off, she'd see the degree picture and go back to work. She was accepted into the degree and with a scholarship.

Is this what you mean?

• Author

It could be that. I am watching Videos on Ytube about people creating Vision boards. I just wanted to know about people's experiences with it.

I think yes it could help you stay focused but I think getting what you want is all about doing what it takes and putting in the work! How you do that can happen in different ways.

Dream boards may be an option for some people I suppose.

Something that helped me focus on my weight loss over a year ago was a dream I had. I was fast asleep snoring away. I had a dream that I was much smaller, average sized and looked great!

I liked what I saw and when I woke up I knew that was what I wanted. To get what you want you have to put in the work ... point blank.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

When my girlfriend was in Group Therapy, she had to do a "Vision Board". It was supposed to help with her depression.

I was supportive. I gave her some green tag board I had laying around and she dug through some of my old magazines and cut out various pictures and words. Glued it all together, took it back to Group for approval, then took it home. Her vision board had various items and words that were supposed to invoke happiness, cruises on large ships, vacation destinations, beaches, new "smaller" dresses & outfits, etc.

A couple of weeks later when I picked her up, I asked about the "vision board" and she told me she threw it away, that it did no good and just was collecting dust and taking up space in her small apartment.

This is just my exposure to a "vision board", I have no idea if this will work for you or not.

What are you trying to accomplish??

• Like 2
Wallysbears

Sometimes, I'll put up a monthly goal for myself on my calendar (I keep a large desk size calendar on my wall)

It will help me to focus sometimes if I'm feeling 'blah' or just not motivated.

A vision board is a way of setting & clarifying goals. It's not magic. The idea is when you look at it routinely, seeing it causes you to act in ways designed to advance you toward those goals, even subconsciously. It's like a visual to do list.

I made one but it didn't work for me. Then again I did not put it where I could easily see it daily & I'm a verbal not a visual learner.

Happy Lemming

If you are trying to reach a financial goal, then a budget and budget variance spreadsheet sound appropriate. Sure, tape it up on your fridge as a reminder.

If you are building something, then yes... plans or blue prints sound great.

If you are trying to meet a love interest, then "no"... I don't see how a "vision board" can help with something like that. Meeting someone and dating is more "organic". Moreover, there are too many variables. The woman has "free will" and can choose to see you, not see you, speed up the relationship, slow it down or do whatever. Or you may decide she isn't right for you. You can't really "plan" how a relationship will go or if you will even meet her. All you can do, is be proactive in meeting women (she isn't going to come knock on your door) and be the best person you can be; the rest is up to her.

I don't know about vision boards but I do think people need to visualize their goals in some way in order to stay focused and attain success. Of course you have to do the work but if you can't even picture the outcome you want it's sure going to be hard to turn your dreams into reality.

I visualize my goals all the time. I spent 2yrs saving money to buy a car. As soon as I started saving I started looking at cars even though I knew darn well the day I could buy a car was still a looong way off. Looking and pricing and picturing myself in a new car kept me excited about saving and kept me on track.

Heck, I even have to visualize small accomplishments before I can get motivated. Like if my windows need cleaning, in order to get the energy to clean them I first have to picture them all shiny clean and think about how good I will feel getting that chore done and being able to see sparkly clean windows all over my house. That's what will motivate me.

So I think a vision board could be helpful just to serve as motivation and focus.If anyone starts a vision board in the hope that it will somehow relieve them of doing the work, they are going to be sorely disappointed

If you are trying to meet a love interest, then "no"... I don't see how a "vision board" can help with something like that.

We're not talking about a stalker's wall of lust, with hundreds of pictures of their obsession.

But a vision board with pictures of happy couples, possible dating venues, the words Love, Cherish, & Romance sprinkled in can help somebody focused on doing the things they need to do to be open to love.

• Like 2
We're not talking about a stalker's wall of lust, with hundreds of pictures of their obsession.

Is that the ones with maps, telephoto pictures and pins connected by pieces of yarn from Point A to Point B? Yikes!

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

Try it and see, it may work for you. I think you probably have to give it more than a week or two - like say maybe a month - before trashing it. I think the idea is, as has been pointed out, that it is in your face on a daily basis and therefore it stays on your mind. It's all about focus and perseverance.