Is it weird for a senior born after the cut off to date a sophomore?

If a senior is born after the cutoff and is older(few months or something so), than their class because they started late, would it be weird for them to date a sophmore then? Would it be like a senior dating a freshmen?

Well, I'm a lot older than you, different generations. Sophomores always dated seniors in my high school, but they weren't as stringent about the legal age thing back then. So I guess it hinges on if you are over the legal age and she is below the legal age. If so, you'd need to keep things above-board and be sure her parents met you and approved. So what I'm saying is if the legal age where you are is 18 but she is 16 and still considered a minor, and you are 18 or over, then you need parental approval and to not pull any shenanigans! But I do believe that especially considering the maturity rate being higher for girls, that sophomore girls should indeed date senior guys as a general rule. You just don't want to get in any legal trouble, that's all.

So if you know she likes you, tell her your age and that you want to date her but that you are legal age and she isn't, and ask her how she thinks her parents would be and tell her you wouldn't date her until you'd met her parents and gotten their permission.

If she's 15 and you're 17 and the legal age is 18, I see no problem unless her parents are just very strict (and 15 is quite young still, so they may well be holding her back from dating)

• Author
Well, I'm a lot older than you, different generations. Sophomores always dated seniors in my high school, but they weren't as stringent about the legal age thing back then. So I guess it hinges on if you are over the legal age and she is below the legal age. If so, you'd need to keep things above-board and be sure her parents met you and approved. So what I'm saying is if the legal age where you are is 18 but she is 16 and still considered a minor, and you are 18 or over, then you need parental approval and to not pull any shenanigans! But I do believe that especially considering the maturity rate being higher for girls, that sophomore girls should indeed date senior guys as a general rule. You just don't want to get in any legal trouble, that's all.

So if you know she likes you, tell her your age and that you want to date her but that you are legal age and she isn't, and ask her how she thinks her parents would be and tell her you wouldn't date her until you'd met her parents and gotten their permission.

If she's 15 and you're 17 and the legal age is 18, I see no problem unless her parents are just very strict (and 15 is quite young still, so they may well be holding her back from dating)

It's not like senior/freshmen, right?

You know, it just depends on your ages and what the legal age is there. It's more a legal matter, as well as a matter of if her parents are letting her date, and if so, how old they'll let her go.