Using work as distraction?

Do men tend to use work as a coping mechanism to avoid dealing with troubles in thier home life? I see a pattern of this but I dont know if these guys are self aware about why their careers are suddenly all they focus on. Any men want to share thier perspectives?

Some guys more than others. Married guys with kids more than others! Married guys having trouble at home more than others. And some guys it's not just if they're escaping home, but they're just general work addicts. One of my ex-bfs I worked with a long time after was and is just like that. Especially during the time he was unhappy post first divorce and then especially even more during second marriage when he married a psycho who wasn't a good person. But now on his third and well established with kids, though he is gone from home at work a lot out of state, he also works a lot more from home now, and he definitely is involved with his family. I do know he is still one who will let work just take over his life from time to time though.

I hate to say it, but having worked with a lot of mostly guys in the past, I do think some of them hang out late at work or go out for drinks after work to make it look like they work so much they can't possibly be expected to help with housework when they get home.

Yeah women bury themselves in work and careers for lots of reasons all the time too.

And of course he'd be aware if he's doing it to avoid the crap at home or an unhappy marriage or to get some space or whatever.

Work can be a great distraction or way of clearing the mind .