Can you ever be just friends with someone you're attracted?

"I was wondering, when do you know if you actually feel something or are just simply attracted. I ask because there is this girl I find to be very attractive but have only spoken to her like twice. Even then, I find myself feeling nervous and anxious when I see her and am too afraid to start a conversation not to mention I think about her often. Thing is, I'm not really looking for a relationship and I barely know her, so I don't think I can like her."

So I found out this girl already has a relationship and I actually felt kind of hurt. So with this I was wondering can you ever just be friends with someone you're attracted? Like I don't want to be that scummy guy who just waits for someone to be out of a relation nor do I intend to make a move on her or something like that.

amaysngrace

Make a move and ask her out. Make it something simple, like getting an ice cream.

Like I don't want to be that scummy guy who just waits for someone to be out of a relation nor do I intend to make a move on her or something like that.

I'm not sure being a friendzone orbiter is a better move. Only so much time and energy, why not spend it on more likely candidates? I'd make a conscious effort to move on...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

The short answer is no. You’re going to start feeling disappointment, maybe developing jealousy or resentment. Find a woman who is available and be her boyfriend. You’ll feel so much better about yourself and be happier.

Men and women are not friends. Even when it's platonic they're always drawn together by sexual attraction... whether consciously realized, acted upon or not.

So, no. The feeling will keep resurfacing and besides, your real 'friends' are of the same sex. If you want platonic friends you're going to have to look there, not at the opposite sex … at all... let alone one you admit you were attracted to.

Not sure what you are asking here?

She has a bf,

You hardly know her

You can hardly say anything to her.

You don't want a relationship with her.

you do not want to be an orbiter.

So what does that all tell you?

Leave her well alone.