Supposed end of first date question

Suppose you have a first date on a Saturday afternoon that goes well. You find your self more attracted to them as the date proceeds and definitely wish to spend more time together. Now towards the supposed end of the date, they ask: What next? Without asking addition questions, would you assume they are asking about the potential of future dating or in continuing the current date in evening/night?

Without asking addition questions, would you assume they are asking about the potential of future dating or in continuing the current date in evening/night?

So you're attracted to this person, and they to you, but you can't talk to them?

Really no need to wonder when a simple statement like "I'm not ready for this night to end..." will get you all the info you need...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

Nobody says "What next?" without it being a positive. So whether it means I'd like to see you again, or I don't want to go home yet, then it is all good.

It was positive. It might have been an invitation to continue into the evening. It may have been a hint of a suggestion for another date.

If you didn't give a concrete answer send a flirty text today about . . . I had fun. Looking forward to what's next. Give me a buzz.

See what happens.

• Author

It is purely hypothetical. I'm kind of interested in a 36 year old woman who doesn't really date anymore. My friend's older brother was interested in her years ago, he felt he was to blame because he was pretty screwed up at the time and may have unintentionally caused her some lingering issues. She asked him what next and he completely bungled it. He said it was pure luck that he got a 2nd date with her months later.

Anyhow there are situations like that when asking questions can signal lack of confidence on being on the same page with someone and we all know how important that can be in the beginning.