Dating is suppose to make life easier

Life has enough trouble already without signing up for more hardship by having a girlfriend. I think that unless a woman can demonstrate how she is going to make my life easier instead of harder then I won't commit to her as a boyfriend. A relationship will either make life harder or easier.

Like how do women here feel about dating a guy who does not eat healthy? How much junk food do I have to give up to get a decent girlfriend?

Simple Logic
Life has enough trouble already without signing up for more hardship by having a girlfriend. I think that unless a woman can demonstrate how she is going to make my life easier instead of harder then I won't commit to her as a boyfriend. A relationship will either make life harder or easier.

Like how do women here feel about dating a guy who does not eat healthy? How much junk food do I have to give up to get a decent girlfriend?

Sounds to me like you are in search of a dietician / house keeper / sex worker.

• Like 2

Ny boyfriend goes to the gym everyday, but doesn’t really eat healthy food. I cook and he eats whatever I make, but when he’s on his own, he eats what he wants... it works for us. We’ll have pizza or junk together maybe once a week or every two weeks.

Just don't expect her to cook for you and take turns choosing restaurants. Certainly not all people are health nuts. I mean, Chick Fil A just got voted most popular restaurant, and that's just fried chicken this and fried chicken that. So most people do not eat healthy and you don't have to for a woman, but don't expect her to cook for you and compromise on restaurants by taking turns.

I have a friend who caves to her bf's horrible meatless diet of sugar and bean burritos to avoid conflict. It compromised her already touchy immune system. Don't cave to anyone's tastes. Find someone close enough on the spectrum you can share food with but not exactly.

A relationship will either make life harder or easier.

Most relationships will, at times, do a little of both. If you're looking for a serious relationship in which you don't have to invest effort, time, emotion and money, then I'll just wish you good luck...

Mr. Lucky

Life has enough trouble already without signing up for more hardship by having a girlfriend. I think that unless a woman can demonstrate how she is going to make my life easier instead of harder then I won't commit to her as a boyfriend.

I will ask one question, what do you plan to bring to the relationship to make life easier for the woman you decide to date? Or, are you the only person who is supposed to benefit from a relationship?

• Like 5
Kitty Tantrum

Yeah, I was going to say - once you're ALL GROWED UP, a person whose job is to always make sure your life is easier in some way is usually called a paid employee.

You come across as pretty entitled for a guy who admits he can't get a decent girlfriend. If you've got it in your head that a "good" relationship is one that benefits you without any apparent consideration for reciprocity... you've got bigger problems than junk food, my friend.

It's cute that you want life to be easy. Men who want women to make their lives easy should probably stick to their mothers.

• Like 1

It's a 2 way street. I learned a long time ago not to date broken men. So in that sense the guy has to have his s**t together for me to date him.

I love junk food but like anything else, there has to be some balance. Eating a few Oreos is fine; routinely eating the bag, or even a whole row in one sitting is a problem. As to how much you have to "give up" it probably depends on other factors: your age, your weight, your overall size & shape, your general health. If you are a big, overweight guy with high blood pressure & high cholesterol & prefer the couch potato lifestyle, you are going to have to make changes. You have to make those changes for yourself not just to get a girl.

losangelena

Are you actually living in reality, or no?

bathtub-row

I agree that a relationship should enhance a person’s life instead of creating continual frustration. I’m going to assume that you’re already aware that any relationship is going to have its hardships. If those hardships are a common thing, then that’s not something that will enhance your life.

As far as your junk food habit, it sounds as though women in your past have gotten demanding about that. While I don’t agree with spouses becoming too pushy about anything, there are a few sides to the coin on the junk food front. First of all, if it causes you to be overweight, your spouse has a right to be concerned about that and to express their opinion. Being overweight is usually a turn-off for most people, not to mention that it’s extremely unhealthy. Assuming that you’re still appealing to your spouse physically, if you choose to persist on your junk food quest, it’s really your choice and your spouse needs to leave the whole issue alone. Find someone who lets you be you.

How much junk food do I have to give up to get a decent girlfriend?

If you're going to give up junk food, you do it for yourself PERIOD. And, a decent girlfriend/wife will raise her hand if she realizes that the man she loves is eating so poorly as to be slowly killing himself. If she not a good girlfriend/wife she will let him eat himself to death and hopefully be on the life insurance policy. And, she shouldn't nag about it. She should express her concerns, wait to see if an effort is made to resolve it and if not, she should bail. So, if you're with a girl who is nagging you about your habits, then you have choices also, dump her or heed her warnings for your own good.

Wallysbears
I think that unless a woman can demonstrate how she is going to make my life easier instead of harder then I won't commit to her as a boyfriend. A relationship will either make life harder or easier.

What do you have to offer a woman to make HER life easier? Relationships are a 2 way street.

You have your junk food when she's not with you. Space in a relationship makes it possible. I am sure growing up you observed how your parents survived. You enjoy the part that makes your life better, and you navigate creatively through the part that makes your life harder.