LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Men only..... are you done ?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 8:56 PM   #1

Men only..... are you done ?

After being single now for 10 years, except a on and off engagement for 2.5,
I am starting to dislike women. All the drama and rejection has taken its toll.
Fir the record I am52, good looking and Iím great shape.

So guys,,, any of you feel this way? That women just ainít worth the trouble?

How do I keep from hating women forever?
john9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:18 PM   #2
Established Member

I have been frustrated with women at times in my alive. In my mid-30s now. What has kept me from getting too jaded is the knowledge that to concede to generalizations such as "all women are this or that" would indicate that I am part of the problem, too. Unless you just have horrific luck that would make Biff Loman feel bad for you, continued failures and poor experiences with all women would at the very least tell me that my people picker was flawed.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:23 PM   #3
Established Member

I'm going to be honest: if you've been active in online dating and have managed no meaning connections in the 7.5 years outside that on and off again engagement, you're doing something wrong.

Being good looking and in great shape may get someone to turn their head, but what do you have to offer which makes you great company and a good partner?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:55 PM   #4
Established Member

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't looked up MGTOW before.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:06 PM   #5
Established Member

I'd say that most women ain't worth the trouble. Fortunately, some are. I would suggest you work towards finding the ones that make it all worthwhile.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:10 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john9999 View Post
All the drama and rejection has taken its toll.

53 year old male, here... Been single all of my life and dated the whole time.

If there is drama, I'm gone. I don't put up with someone upsetting my life, I'm happy and want to stay that way.

As far as rejection, I just let it roll right off of me. Like water off a duck's back. I can say that in all my years of "cold approaching" women, only a handful have been nasty or unkind. 99.9% of the time it is a polite "No, thank you" or "I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend" or something along those lines. So, I do want to hand it to all of the women out there, thank you for being polite in your rejections of this rodent. I also think I have "thick skin" and can take rejection without it causing me any angst.

Presently, I am in a long term relationship and have been dating the same woman for 7 years. This is by far my longest relationship. I guess we just fit together well, like puzzle pieces. I never thought there was a lid for my pot, but I was incorrect.

Hating and anger take a lot of energy and will put you in a bad mood, affecting other aspects of your life. Also women can pick up on someone who is angry or hating the process of dating.

My advice... try to lighten up. Don't let little setbacks get you down, try... try again.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:25 PM   #7
Established Member

I see this bitterness all the time. Not just with men. With women too. They have one thing in common- no success in dating. The frustration and anger builds, and rather than look at the real problem which is staring back at them in the mirror, they blame their preferred gender as a whole. Which makes their attitude even worse. Who wants to be with someone like that? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

You don't like women? Guess what, they ain't gonna like a guy with a chip on his shoulder either. No matter how hard he tries to hide it. It's like covering a beacon with a tissue.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:58 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normm View Post
I see this bitterness all the time. Not just with men. With women too. They have one thing in common- no success in dating. The frustration and anger builds, and rather than look at the real problem which is staring back at them in the mirror, they blame their preferred gender as a whole. Which makes their attitude even worse. Who wants to be with someone like that? It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

You don't like women? Guess what, they ain't gonna like a guy with a chip on his shoulder either. No matter how hard he tries to hide it. It's like covering a beacon with a tissue.
I could not agree more.

I sense a lot of bitterness in your post OP. That’s not going to help your cause, if your goal is to find a relationship with a woman.
Old 12th March 2019, 11:26 PM   #9
Established Member

I'm married. I like women generally, although I've only been with so many in my life (15 or so, most were 6-12 months relationships prior to marriage). But overall I find women quite interesting.

I will say that, looking back, sometimes I feel like I wasn't attracted to the "simple, easygoing" ones. They bore me unfortunately. So I ended up going for "complicated" women, even my wife. I guess I actually LIKE a reasonable amount of drama to keep things interesting. In a way it's kind of a curse. But sometimes easy is actually hard, it just drones on.

Does that count? If I was to divorce or similar, I know I wouldn't be done. It'd be a new adventure to me.
mark clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 1:21 AM   #10
Established Member

Women are great, and being with my wife has been the most stimulating experience I've had in my lifetime. If I was stuck on an all male planet I think I'd just go live in the woods.
gaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 3:45 AM   #11
Established Member

Yeah been there felt that 50s too. Not so much bitterness just sick to death of women and all the bs that goes with them , after marriage break up and other things later.
l really didn't giva damn if l was ever involved again matter of fact l thought l even prefer being single. l do like life as a couple but l was just sick of all the bs that comes with it.
Come across a lot of other guys just fed up with them too and choosing singleness , a few have said even one night stands aren't worth it anymore. And nope they don't like women anymore and couldn't giva damn what a woman thinks of that. l didn't either for a long time and you'd get the look and just think yeah yeah whatfkgever move on lady.

Buttttt, of course , l still wound up meeting someone new none the less, think l must have a sign on my damn head
She's a great girl though and so far we have a very cool life together but l swear , if this didn't work out then right , that's it for me.

Last edited by chillii; 13th March 2019 at 3:51 AM..
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 5:47 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
After being single now for 10 years, except a on and off engagement for 2.5,
I am starting to dislike women. All the drama and rejection has taken its toll.
Fir the record I am52, good looking and Iím great shape.

So guys,,, any of you feel this way? That women just ainít worth the trouble?
I don't dislike women. But to answer the subject question, I often ask myself 'should I be done'.

Separated for ten years, divorced for close to two, dating, almost exclusively via OLD, for 18 months. My picker filters the drama. But the rejection is 'tiring'.
For the record, I'm 65 and in great shape. Good looking? ... LOL ... when my unicorn, otherwise known to some readers of my posts as Natalie, broke up with me, she told me I was handsome and would find 'someone else'. Truth or kindness? I can't say for sure but I'm leaning to kindness. Aside from the physical aspects, I can and will say that I'm kind, loyal, caring, fun (specifically in an active way), and looking for mutual commitment.

I'm as guilty as anyone of high standards, very well possibly too high. But what's 'wearing' is all the women's profiles on OLD talking about how they're looking for a relationship with exactly the kind of man that I described myself as above. Well, that's the 'essay' part of their profiles anyway. But in other parts of their profiles they more often than not say they're looking for men who are younger, taller (I'm 5'8"), or richer (I'm semi-retired and don't have that 6-figure salary) than I am. I don't know how they're filtering me. I just know that none of my dating relationships have lasted and that's what gets me thinking (not seriously yet) from time to time about giving up.

And one more frustration which is kind of tangential to 'being done'. It simply 'culls' candidates from 'the herd'. That is misrepresentation. You're heard it all before: 10-year old photos, lying about age, overselling body type, saying they're interested in activities that they don't actually do. Really ladies, I can go to a restaurant or a movie by myself or with my kids. The point of making a date of it is the companionship.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 7:35 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
I'm mid 50's been married going on 12 years but know if this marriage didn't work out I would never get married again...

I do think the answer to your question lies inside of you and your own happiness rather than with women.
If you are genuinely happy with your life you won't hate women or anything to do with dating.
So I would say work on your own happiness, learning how to be content with your life as it is now and learn to love being alone.. once that all happens there won't be any room for feelings of hate and bitterness..
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 2:00 PM   #14
Established Member

I got 99 problems, but...............

TFY
Old 13th March 2019, 2:09 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
Yeah been there felt that 50s too. Not so much bitterness just sick to death of women and all the bs that goes with them

You're picking the wrong women. And/or not putting enough of the blame on yourself for all the problems. Women simply aren't that bad, they are not full of BS. Not in a reasonably normal healthy relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
a few have said even one night stands aren't worth it anymore.

That's a rather odd statement. As if picking up some random person in a bar, screwing them like they've been screwed by countless strangers before, and never seeing them again after you (or them) skip out the next morning was ever worth it.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote