LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Decades Later

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2019, 6:49 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybop View Post
LOL is this true?? They must know something??
happens all the time

- Monty Python
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 12:59 PM   #17
Established Member

Being adopted myself at the tail end of what some call the "baby scoop era", I joined a support group and a lot of the stories are so sad.

In some cases, the parents really were in love but had no choice but to give up their child, especially if they were young. Sometimes, the child is the result of an affair, and their mom really did love them but felt they had no options. In other cases, the child was taken away without the mother even being aware. Some were even told their child had died. Most never got to hold or even see their baby.

A lot of birth certificates ( mine included) were falsified, with fake names being used, often without the mother realizing this (mine wasn't even signed by her...it was signed by a nun at the home she stayed in)
pepperbird is offline   Reply With Quote