LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Does dating someone "out of your league" affect future dating choices?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2019, 5:24 PM   #31
Established Member

I'm one of those women who were used to smushing on men hotter than her. The thing is there are people like me who will give up sex rather than have it with someone she's not attracted to, but then there are women who just want to be with someone and not on their own and often go down below their own attractiveness for that. So I guess it works out. The only thing that helped me is I found not only guys who were smokin hot hot, but also guys who were very cool smokin hot! So you know, everyone is different and everyone has some flexibility under the right circumstances.
Old 26th February 2019, 10:51 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
Women are built to be pretty and attract a man. Men are built for work. This is why you (just a guess) look hot in your yoga pants and I can pick up heavy crap at the gym.
This is one of the most honest answers on ls.
hotpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 5:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
This is one of the most honest answers on ls.
With the caveat being that I'm not well versed in genetics, it makes sense. Prettiness being a useful trait for men is a very recent phenomenon in the grand scale of things.

Whenever I see photos of men in the 19th century (you know, those portraits of a bunch of guys you see in the Ken Burns movies), I'm always struck by how..... ugly they look. Is it just because I live in 2019, and I am imposing a modern standard of beauty onto people in the past? Or were those people in the past applying a relatively static set of criteria (symmetry, proportions), and human beings have actually "gotten prettier"?
outwithpeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 2:45 PM   #34

I'll bite. I've always kept in good shape and was at least average in looks. Women I've been attracted to, or vice/versa, have always been extremely good looking. So, yes I was dating "above my pay grade". Without exception, they were all problematic, albeit in different ways. Some of these relationships lasted months, others years, but misery was always waiting around the next corner. I'm 62 now, single after a long marriage, and still in great shape. I've used OLD to meet a few people. Just like in the past, the best looking ones always came with issues. The more average ones (subjective of course) seemed more normal. At this point in my life, wanting to be married again and avoid a mistake, I struggle with this issue. Perhaps having a beauty helps my self esteem, which was always lacking. I go to therapy once a week and I work on that.
flyboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 5:51 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy56 View Post
Perhaps having a beauty helps my self esteem, which was always lacking. I go to therapy once a week and I work on that.
I've married primarily for "hotness" and I've married primarily for "goodness", and the latter easily wins out. Beauty is fleeting, character is not...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote