I'm interested Ex's good Friend

The ex and I broke up about 3 months and I'm very over her. I broke it off, just didn't work out.

But my question is that... I know she's moved onto someone which is completely fine but she has a co-worker that i know is on Match.com and I'm very interested in contacting her but i don't want it to come across as I'm trying to get back at her with contacting her friend. Im truly interested in her but not sure if i should contact her or not. I've met her a couple of times when i was with the ex and we got a long very well but I'm on the fence do it or not...

Enigma makes a good point. That said, different groups do operate differently. My hubby's group was very incestuous when they were young with people dating each other. For them it wasn't weird because the relationships which ended did so because they just ran out of steam. There were no hard feelings or shattered hearts involved. It would have been quite a different story if someone had been holding a grudge or had been seriously wronged.

This BFF, do you know her well enough to think that it could work? Or is it just that she's attractive and you've got the hots for her? What is the vibe between your ex and you? It's all part of the equation.