When things almost line up

I went on a few dates with someone and we shared a lot in common. But she had so much on her plate and I couldn't deal with the ups and downs. It wasn't that I felt it was too much, it was that I was concerned for the future. What would the future look like if only after a few dates things started looking the way they did?

She had issues, some sense of abandonment. But I liked her nonetheless. At times she was disrespectful, but I would like to think it was her own moods. I wish I could afford to stay with her longer. But after my recent experiences, I don't know how much more my heart can take.

You get a to a certain age and you start feeling like you're living on borrowed time. You can't experiment anymore. You look for the red flags and you bail when they start adding up. When they get to that tipping point, especially early on, you know that for your own mental health, you are better off walking away.

But it sucks that it has to be this way. It sucks that the relationship into which you settle or destined to settle into has to be arrived at piecemeal.

She was lonely. I felt lonely. We needed each other. But at times I felt that she was playing me.

Hey logo

Experiments would always be a waste of time to me but especially as we get older. l know what l like so if it had to be a bit of a oh might try this , it'd only prove what l already knew right in the end. Spose it's well and good if your not looking for anything serious and just playin round.

Me l can't stand the real busy types , your relationships almost an appointment. l work for myself to have plenty of time and freedom and l like the same.

lssues, we've all got them right. lf your really into each other though you;ve gotta roll with it give it time, work with them, some you might have to deal with forever it's just part of her but that's ok . lf they're too bad though and your not feeling the right stuff then yeah best decide early.

Moods yeah, l'm moody and she has a bit of trouble with it , again though depends how you really feel we can mess up even when we love someone with moods or spit something out if pushed at wrong times, it's not good or nice but it's usually just tiredness or mood or space not personal. But if someones not really into it things could come out but be a different thing entirely and may be a reflection of how they just can't really be bothered because they aren't feeling it anyway.

lf you felt she might've been playing you a bit then your probably right and maybe more a convenience.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
You get a to a certain age and you start feeling like you're living on borrowed time. You can't experiment anymore. You look for the red flags and you bail when they start adding up. When they get to that tipping point, especially early on, you know that for your own mental health, you are better off walking away.

While I understand your point, you could spend an awful lot of time waiting for the clouds to part and the angels sing as "the one" walks through the door.

I'm also older, and have a number of friends single through various circumstances. The ones seemingly happiest connect with a lot of people in all types of relationships while the others, with very specific and elevated expectations, are often lonely or needy.

Don't let life pass you by...

Mr. Lucky