Disgusting betrayal

Brokenwings1974

My husband and I have been together almost 28 years and married 24. He has a son with his first wife that’s not much younger than myself.

His son and his sons wife moved in our camper after loosing their children and their home bc of drug use. They have been here 6+ months and although the son got a job we were still providing the transportation, food and everything for them.

Well I had a feeling they were stealing and decided to install a hidden camera in my bedroom. The camera was installed a few days before we left to go out of town.

It didn’t take long to catch them not only entering our room but suddenly I see my step son raise the bed skirt and go straight for my adult toys then he goes and gets his wife and she goes through them and leaves the room with some in her hand and returns several times to trade them out.

I make my husband watch the video but he never says anything unless I would say something first.

I stewed on this our entire trip and never felt so violated and disgusted in my life. We arrive home and they are in the camper so I message them to come down. I confronted my stepsons wife by knocking her on her ass which led to my stepson sucker punching me from behind. Everything blew up. They claim to have just been drunk and going through my toys to see what they could afford and was googling them. I called bull crap and do not believe them not even one ounce. I kicked them out and took the transportation from them but my husband is still talking to him and acting as if nothing ever happened and I’m struggling with the decision to leave my marriage.

I feel the moment his son hit me it was no longer his son it was a man hitting his wife and he should have beat his ass but he claims he didn’t see it but only seen me getting up off the floor. I feel like he should not be helping them in anyway whatsoever and by doing so it feels like he’s dismissing my feelings.

I am not sure what to do or how to feel.

I went to the doctor and got a pap and std testing since my stepsons wife has had cervical cancer and they are drug users.

How do I wrap my head around this and how do I cope with my husband continuing to have contact like nothing ever happened?

Am I over reacting?

You hit your step-DIL 1st. Her husband was defending her when he hit you. You bear equal responsibility for the violence.

I can't even wrap my mind around how violated you feel about the adult toys. At minimum, throw them out. When you replace them, keep a lock on your bedroom door.

Let your husband maintain his relationship with his son. You don't have to forgive or forget but you also don't have to let them in your house unsupervised. They do ow you an apology.

Edited by d0nnivain
  • Like 1
Happy Lemming
You hit your step-DIL 1st. Her husband was defending her when he hit you. You bear equal responsibility for the violence.

100% Agree...

"Violence begets Violence" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, you don't need to end your marriage over this. You have my sympathy,

They owe you a big apology. You can tell them that you have not used the toys yet (a lie) so you might feel better, Then get rid of them and if you get new ones, hide them in a locked box.

Eventually this will pass...

It shouldn’t be in any way surprising what drug addicts do. But I don’t think it merited knocking the woman to the floor. Yeah, you did ask for it and you put your husband in a very tight spot. What did you want him to do? Punch his son? Where would the violence end from there? Granted, they shouldn’t have done what they did but I think you overreacted quite a bit.

The fact is, drug addicts having access to your home is an overall bad idea.

• Like 1