Orbiting on Social Media

Met this guy, we had great chemistry and dated for two weeks. He claimed that I he didn't like that I spazzed on him, which all I said was it seemed like he was losing interest and to be upfront with me. Shortly after we stopped talking. But i noticed he would orbit every one of my IG stories (more than usual) and then randomly popped up wishing me well on a personal situation. He did this again a week following, also found out from a friend he spoke to her about what happened. Finally I decided to ask him what was up. He claimed he didn't ghost me and that we had a discussion why things went the way they did, he also threw in my face that I said we should remain friends and that he was being friendly by inquiring my personal situations. Asked if being friends what he wanted, his answer was our timing was back and now dating someone. While texting this, he posts a love note to IG someone allegedly gave him and then resumed watching my stories.

I know move on and forget about him. That's easier said than done and i'm only human and have questions. I'm asking you guys because I feel like getting input from others would give me the clarity i need. I know responses won't be favorable for me, just interested to hear a different take

My questions are:

1) do you think his reasoning using my so called spazzing was his way of backing out?

2) him watching my stories, was that a way of signaling that he wanted me to initiate something again?

3) that love note, do you guys think it was done to intentionally hurt me, make me jealous?

4) Reaching out on my personal situation, I don't think that was him being friends I felt like it was a manipulative tactic. What do you think?

Thanks for input. Be brutal lol

Met this guy, we had great chemistry and dated for two weeks. He claimed that I he didn't like that I spazzed on him, which all I said was it seemed like he was losing interest and to be upfront with me. Shortly after we stopped talking. But i noticed he would orbit every one of my IG stories (more than usual) and then randomly popped up wishing me well on a personal situation. He did this again a week following, also found out from a friend he spoke to her about what happened. Finally I decided to ask him what was up. He claimed he didn't ghost me and that we had a discussion why things went the way they did, he also threw in my face that I said we should remain friends and that he was being friendly by inquiring my personal situations. Asked if being friends what he wanted, his answer was our timing was back and now dating someone. While texting this, he posts a love note to IG someone allegedly gave him and then resumed watching my stories.

I know move on and forget about him. That's easier said than done and i'm only human and have questions. I'm asking you guys because I feel like getting input from others would give me the clarity i need. I know responses won't be favorable for me, just interested to hear a different take

My questions are:

1) do you think his reasoning using my so called spazzing was his way of backing out?

2) him watching my stories, was that a way of signaling that he wanted me to initiate something again?

3) that love note, do you guys think it was done to intentionally hurt me, make me jealous?

4) Reaching out on my personal situation, I don't think that was him being friends I felt like it was a manipulative tactic. What do you think?

Thanks for input. Be brutal lol

1) Possible. But at the same time you could have come on too strong.

2) Most people watch all stories on instagram regardless. Those red circles are annoying unless you open them.

3) Perhaps but we don't know his relationship with the other woman. Could be coincidental.

4) He doesn't hate you. He saw something happened to you, he wished you his best. The end.

• Author

2) Most people watch all stories on instagram regardless. Those red circles are annoying unless you open them.

3) Perhaps but we don't know his relationship with the other woman. Could be coincidental.

4) He doesn't hate you. He saw something happened to you, he wished you his best. The end.

Thanks for the feedback, but I doubt that he watches all of his stories, he follows over 2000 people and it would be virtually impossible to clear out every story as new ones would constantly pop up. I follow a few hundred and I could never clear out my stories.

Thanks for the feedback, but I doubt that he watches all of his stories, he follows over 2000 people and it would be virtually impossible to clear out every story as new ones would constantly pop up. I follow a few hundred and I could never clear out my stories.

That is a good point, but keep in mind since you two have interacted on Instagram before, your stories will show up towards the beginning of his. Maybe he watches the first 10-20. Believe me I know what it’s like trying to investigate social media activity. In our heart we hope it means something but in the end a lot of the time it’s just a coincidence with no real reason.

• Author
That is a good point, but keep in mind since you two have interacted on Instagram before, your stories will show up towards the beginning of his. Maybe he watches the first 10-20. Believe me I know what it’s like trying to investigate social media activity. In our heart we hope it means something but in the end a lot of the time it’s just a coincidence with no real reason.

Actually in my heart I don't hope it means something because I know it means something and I'm actually leaning towards blocking him because the behavior is strange. Don't get me wrong, I like him and wish that things could have worked out, but as I type I'm beginning to realize this is manipulative behavior. This isn't a coincidence when it constantly happens. There are profiles who constantly populate to the front of my stories and I skip over them or I mute them. I don't subject myself to watching stories of people I am not interested in.

But thank you for your feedback, I think I've answered my own questions lol.

Especially in a short time frame asking somebody if they are losing interest is always bad form. If he called that inquiry spazzing out on him, he may be wound just a little too tightly. Yes, he was using that as a reason to back off. Whether it was him playing you or if the Q spooked him I can't say.

Him watching your stories is not a way of him covertly signaling a desire for you to initiate. On line behavior is basically meaningless.

Yes, I think he posted that love note to make you jealous. Game players like that are not good partners. You can't use pain to draw somebody in if you expect a healthy relationship

Reaching out about your personal situation makes him a kind person but it has little to do with expressing a desire for reconciliation.

• Author
Especially in a short time frame asking somebody if they are losing interest is always bad form. If he called that inquiry spazzing out on him, he may be wound just a little too tightly. Yes, he was using that as a reason to back off. Whether it was him playing you or if the Q spooked him I can't say.

Him watching your stories is not a way of him covertly signaling a desire for you to initiate. On line behavior is basically meaningless.

Yes, I think he posted that love note to make you jealous. Game players like that are not good partners. You can't use pain to draw somebody in if you expect a healthy relationship

Reaching out about your personal situation makes him a kind person but it has little to do with expressing a desire for reconciliation.

I don't think social media behavior is insignificant, if it were people wouldn't do the things they do, post what they post if it means nothing. This guy is a friend of a friend, and follows this friend on social media and he rarely watches her stories or likes her pictures. However he's sure to keep up with what's going on in my life. He's also made a comment on a recent relationship post I made, but I'm to believe his behavior is meaningless?

I agree with everything else.